Position Summary: St. Thomas More High School seeks an ambitious and creative individual to oversee its event fundraising initiatives and alumni engagement efforts. The ideal candidate will display passion and enthusiasm for St. Thomas More’s mission and have a deep understanding of the importance of this position in driving the overall success of the institution.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with St. Thomas More alumni of all demographics.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage a variety of fundraising and alumni events, including our annual dinner auction and Thomas More Open (TMO) golf outing, as well as smaller “friendraising” events like reunions and alumni sporting events.
- Coordinate with the President, Director of Marketing & Communications, and Auction and TMO Committees to research, cultivate, and solicit sponsorships, items, and other revenue for fundraising events.
- Track event attendance, sponsorships, donations, and other revenue in the school’s fundraising database.
- Oversee post-event activities, including donor recognition, stewardship, and evaluation of event success.
- Collaborate with the Athletic Director to plan and execute events and activities to enhance alumni engagement.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Coordinator and Director of Marketing & Communications to promote alumni events and activities on social media, email, and other digital platforms.
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven professional experience in a Development Department or similar role.
- Strong event planning and project management skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple events and initiatives simultaneously within given timelines and budgets.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills to speak with donors and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Familiarity with donor, alumni, and volunteer tracking databases and proper database management
- Good organizational and time management skills to help keep projects on track.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as necessary for events and activities.
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing your resume to Human Resources Coordinator Pat Hasek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Thomas More is a Catholic, coeducational high school that inspires students to embrace the values of our Patron Saint by becoming men and women for all seasons. Rooted in Christ and the Catholic tradition, the school community embodies the principles of Christian discipleship, service to others, and academic excellence.
St. Thomas More High School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Note: This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, responsibilities, or other job functions.