YOU asked for it!
Ask a Seasoned Veteran!
YOU asked for it! Now it is time to register! The December luncheon will provide a freeform of opportunities to discuss and share issues that you, our members are facing. In the recent member survey, you requested to have opportunities for small group discussions and getting to know other members personally – this whole luncheon is for you!
- To the 53% of you who work in small shops – meet Megan Welsh of the Lake Area Free Clinic – to address the challenges that you shared: “I’m just one person doing the job of 5!” and “How can I learn best practices when there is no one else around.”
- Many of you also value luncheons as an opportunity to provide “Stimulation to think about your career path – meet Shannon Watry, CFRE of Junior Achievement of Wisconsin – to share why becoming a CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) can be valuable and the steps to achieving it!
- For those who are looking for inspiration on how to Engage your Board to fundraise, lead, and achieve – meet Nancy Seidl Nelson, CFRE, SPI Consulting!
- Many members have responsibilities outside of fundraising and struggle to have an appropriate balance of knowledge on non-profit tax laws, financial management; restricted fund tracking, or how to fly through an audit – meet Craig Hirt, CPA from Wipfli to learn about Finance for Fundraisers.
- Marta Weldon, Junior Achievement of Wisconsin is looking forward to chatting about Annual Fundraising Plans - For those looking for help “developing a plan on paper looking an entire year ahead” (especially when you’re in a small shop!) and “starting a fundraising program from scratch”.
- Looking to share your experiences with the next generation? Managing, inspiring, and training staff to support the team when you are stretched to manage and inspire your donors? - Meet - Michael Frohna, CFRE, from Junior Achievement of Wisconsin to learn about Mentorship!
- With everything we do as AFP Members, we aim to generate sustainable and positive impact on our communities. Meet Jennifer Charpentier, CFRE, Gateway Technical College Foundation to learn about Capturing the Right Impact Data to tell a compelling story and improve fundraising results.
- Philanthropists create Donor Advised Funds to make a better world. Nonprofits are established to make a better world. So why does it all feel like a mystery? Will Janisch, Philanthropic Adviser at the Greater Milwaukee Foundation will lead a discussion on the ins and outs of Donor Advised Funds.
- Are your Corporate Sponsors as happy as could be? Do you have all that you need? Well, then pick a different table – Georgia Young of the Alzheimer’s Association will guide us through how Corporate Sponsorships need to fit into your Special Event Plans.
At check-in, you will pick three of the topics above to visit – bring your questions and experiences to learn from the Seasoned Veterans and each other! Don’t forget – for this luncheon, Members can bring a non-member guest, at the special member rate!