Salary Range: $38,200.00 - $47,741.00 Salary/year
Are you looking for a highly rewarding career with great benefits and opportunities for growth? The Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) is now seeking a full-time Event Coordinator to join our growing development team, supporting our Southern Campuses! If you’re looking for the perfect opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of thousands of animals and people while working alongside a committed, passionate, fun, and supportive team, apply today!
- Under the supervision of the Director of Special Events, lead the planning and implementation of the special events fundraising programs of the Wisconsin Humane Society, with primary focus on the southern communities.
- Design engagement strategies to build awareness, attendance and support of all WHS fundraising events.
- Actively participate in the sponsorship solicitation process, working closely with the corporate and major gifts team.
- Budget, report and manage event financials, dashboards, attendance, and timelines.
- Actively utilize and manage a committee of high performing volunteers to accomplish goals.
- Work with Director of Special Events to coordinate all WHS southern campus special events including, but not limited to, Pet Walk, Telethon, Paws & Claws Gala and other events as applicable.
- Serve as point of contact for all southern Pet Walks, including overseeing the planning, rentals, vendors, participants, volunteers, committee oversight, invoicing and check requests, revenue and expense tracking, etc.
- Database management and entry, including:
- Updating Luminate Online/Convio and Raiser’s Edge databases to ensure event and donor information is accurate.
- Perform data entry and create and send solicitation letters and acknowledgements, as needed.
- Close out all events as required by development department procedures.
- Participate as a member of the development team in planning and implementing the organization’s overall fundraising strategy and programs, which includes supporting events and fundraisers in all WHS communities.
How to Apply:
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-3 years work experience in event coordination required.
- Experience working in a non-profit development department
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience managing high profile volunteers preferred.
- Able to attend evening and occasional weekend events and meetings.
- Desire to create process improvement in all aspects of work.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations in a professional manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Blackbaud and Luminate Online/Convio Software systems preferred.
- High attention to detail.
- Capable of accepting and completing tasks with minimal supervision in a highly self- motivated manner.
- Commitment to treat people and animals with respect and kindness.
To apply for this position, please visit our employment page to begin your online employment application. Only applications submitted through our online application system may be considered. Please know that it is our policy to reply to each and every application received once we have a status update.
Come see why over 240 staff call one of our 6 locations home! You’ll be happy you did!
Equal Opportunity Employer