Philanthropic Leaders Honored
The Association of Fundraising Professionals of Southeastern Wisconsin (AFPSEWI) Announces Awardees for National Philanthropy Day® 2016
Philanthropists strengthen the community by enabling innovation, inspiring engagement and spreading goodwill. On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, the Association of Fundraising Professionals of Southeastern WI (AFPSEWI) will honor individuals, organization and volunteers who improve our community at its annual awards ceremony, National Philanthropy Day®, with media sponsor the Milwaukee Business Journal. The awards luncheon and afternoon panel discussion, moderated by Milwaukee Business Journal Publisher Kira Lafond, will celebrate philanthropy, and highlight its impact on improving our society and advancing our economy.
The following awardees are being honored at the event this year:
- Pat and Joan Kerns nominated by Aurora Health Care Foundation for Leave a Legacy Award for commitment to the community through a documented planned gift;
- Donald W. Layden, Jr. nominated by The Nathan & Esther Pelz Holocaust Education Resource Center (HERC), a program of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation for Todd Wehr Volunteer Award for sustained volunteer dedication in raising philanthropic funds;
- Madison Sveum and Michela Miller, nominated by Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast for Philanthropic Youth of Today Award for the significant difference through philanthropic leadership;
- Shannon Watry, CFRE nominated by Nancy Seidl Nelson, CFRE and colleagues for Scott M. Cutlip Professional Fundraiser Award for professional distinction as a fundraising executive;
- MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer) nominated by Medical College of Wisconsin for Wisconsin Organization Philanthropy Award for outstanding record of philanthropic leadership; and
- James and Yvonne Ziemer nominated by UW Milwaukee for Evan P. Helfaer Donor Award for distinguished service in sharing resources with charitable organizations.
Join us as we recognize these awardees at the 38th annual National Philanthropy Day® luncheon, Tuesday November 8, at the downtown Milwaukee Hyatt. More information will be available at afpsewi.org/NPD-Registration in September. Have questions? Please contact Erin Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-399-0281.
AFP Chapters throughout the US and Canada will celebrate National Philanthropy Day on November 8. The Southeastern Wisconsin NPD event is one of the largest in the nation, with over 600 guests anticipated.