Philanthropic Leaders Honored
The Association of Fundraising Professionals of Southeastern Wisconsin (AFPSEWI) Announces Awardees for National Philanthropy Day® 2018
Philanthropists strengthen the community by enabling innovation, inspiring engagement and spreading goodwill. On Tuesday, November 13, 2018, the Association of Fundraising Professionals of Southeastern Wisconsin (AFPSEWI) will honor individuals, organizations and volunteers who improve our community at its annual awards ceremony, National Philanthropy Day®. Presented by the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and our media sponsor the Milwaukee Business Journal, the luncheon will celebrate philanthropy and highlight its impact on improving our community and advancing our economy.
The following awardees will be honored at the event this year:
- Harris Turer, nominated by Operation DREAM, for the Evan P. Helfaer Donor Award, for distinguished service in sharing resources with charitable organizations.
- Al Troyke, nominated by Bethesda Lutheran Communities, for the Leave a Legacy Award, for commitment to the community through a documented planned gift;
- WE Energies/WE Energies Foundation, nominated by Discovery World for the Wisconsin Organization Philanthropy Award, for an outstanding record of philanthropic leadership;
- Katie Eder, nominated by Greater Milwaukee Foundation for the Philanthropic Youth of Today Award, for youth making a difference through philanthropic leadership;
- Karen Spahn, nominated by Milwaukee Public Museum for the Scott M. Cutlip Professional Fundraiser Award, for professional distinction as a fundraising executive; and,?
- Wendy Carlson, nominated by Susan G. Komen WI for the Todd Wehr Volunteer Award, for sustained volunteer dedication in raising philanthropic funds.
“This year’s event will be the 40th National Philanthropy Day luncheon celebrated in Southeastern Wisconsin,” said Nancy Seidl Nelson, president of AFPSEWI. “Every year is a wonderful opportunity for inspiration, but as the 40th anniversary this year will be special.”
Join us as we recognize these honorees at the 40th annual National Philanthropy Day® luncheon, Tuesday, November 13, at the downtown Milwaukee Hyatt. More information will be available at afpsewi.org/NPD-Registration in September. Have questions? Please contact Erin Richardson at email@example.com or 414-399-0281.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals and organizations that generate philanthropic support for a wide variety of charitable institutions. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its 33,000 members in more than 244 chapters throughout the world. AFP chapters throughout the US and Canada will celebrate National Philanthropy Day in November. The Southeastern Wisconsin National Philanthropy Day event is one of the largest in the nation, with over 600 guests anticipated.