*RESCHEDULED* Giving USA - Milwaukee 2022
About the Event
Giving USA released its annual report on philanthropy on June 21, publishing in-depth research on the who, what, and where of giving in 2021. To mark the release, Campbell & Company is hosting Giving USA 2022 Milwaukee on September 1, an online gathering for leaders across the nonprofit sector. Together, we will discuss the current environment, explore what past trends can—and cannot—tell us, and forecast what’s next for our sector.
During the event, we will pinpoint the biggest headlines from 2021. A panel of Southeastern Wisconsin nonprofit leaders will weigh in on the data, sharing on-the-ground experiences and practical advice for their peers. Panel includes:
- Mimi Laflin, Director of Development | Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee
- Rikki Starich Harry, CFRE, Gift Officer - Team Lead | Marshfield Clinic Health System Foundation
- Megan Warlin, Senior Donor Relations Director | The Salvation Army - Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
Helping to inform and moderate the conversation:
- Melissa Berliner, Vice President, Campbell & Company
Have a question for our panelists? There will be some time for Q&A during the event and throughout the presentation.
Prior to this local session, you are also invited to view the national recording.
About our Panelists:
As a Senior Vice President at Campbell & Company, Melissa Berliner has expertise in quickly identifying the core challenges facing clients and developing tailored, innovative strategies to address them. Collaborating with individuals who have a variety of personalities and skill levels, Melissa builds consensus among organizational leadership, staff, and volunteers to cultivate and execute carefully developed plans. In her client work, Melissa most values opportunities to:
- Help clients develop successful major gift strategies to secure the high-level support to achieve their goals
- Develop tailored systems and/or processes to help clients work more efficiently in areas ranging from maximizing return on investment to managing donor relationships
- Interview donors and/or volunteers to determine their values, motivations for supporting an organization, and philanthropic needs
- Create effective partnerships between board members and staff
- Strengthen and sustain board effectiveness
Melissa is a leader of Campbell & Company’s arts and culture practice. Her work includes significant engagements with the Zoological Society of San Diego, Zoological Society of Milwaukee, Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, and Joffrey Ballet. Melissa is also a seasoned guest speaker and lecturer on a variety of fundraising topics, and has spoken at the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Women in Development Professions, DePaul University, and Columbia College.
Prior to coming to Campbell & Company, Melissa managed multi-million dollar fundraising programs at the Columbia Art Museum, Victory Gardens Theatre, and Steppenwolf Theatre. She is the immediate past President of the Chicago Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals. Melissa graduated from the Ohio State University with a bachelor’s degree in English.
Megan Warlin, Senior Donor Relations Director | The Salvation Army - Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
I am believer in people and their power to do good in the world by giving of themselves – aka philanthropy. I'm currently honored to be part of this process, serving as Sr. Donor Relations Director at The Salvation Army where I lead a team of mid-level to major gifts officers as well as manage our grant writer. My passion is helping meet immediate needs in the community from a Christian lens, and most of my work experience reflects that. On evenings and weekends you can catch me spending time with my with family, trying to finish my book club monthly selection or at the lanes with my bowling team. I love meeting new friends, please reach out via linked-in or email and I’d be happy to grab a cup of coffee and connect! Megan.email@example.com or https://www.linkedin.com/in/megan-warlin-94447545/