Membership Event & Webinar Watch: "Board Bloom"
About the Event
Celebrate Spring with AFP!
What in carnation is this event?
- Members and prospective members should join us for 30 minutes of coffee and networking - A peony for your thoughts!
- Mentor/Mentee program participants will be announced and meet their buddy! (apply here)
- Webinar Watch "Board Bloom"
- Local discussion on board strategies with AFP Scholarship & Membership Chair, James Moore.
Thistle be a beautiful day!
About the Webinar:
Board Bloom - Real-life Strategies in Empowering Board Members to Get Involved, Impact and Influence Others with Dr. Pazit Levitan, CFRE
(pre-recorded webinar offered live by AFP in 2022).
Based on recent doctoral research at Columbia University and a decade of working with nonprofit boards, this session will explore how board members learn to become impactful leaders in nonprofit organizations, while developing fruitful relationships with peers and staff. The session will start by presenting major findings of this research i.e. motivational factors of board members in seeking a board role and reasons for contributing to the nonprofit; how seasoned board members describe the challenges they face as nonprofit leaders and how they overcome those challenges. We will conclude with effective strategies to empower board members.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding board members' needs and wants
- Practical ways of approaching challenges with board members
- Suggested strategies of empowering board members to give