January Education Session - Round Tables
About the Event
Ready to kickstart your fundraising efforts and/or career in 2023? Join us for these roundtable table discussions led by industry professionals to help you move forward in the new year.
· Grant Round Robin - Have questions about grant writing? Bring them for a round-robin discussion with Michelle St. Clair, who launched M St. Clair Services after working 20+ years in planning and fund development in philanthropy and across non-profit sectors with services focusing on grants management, including proposal and report writing and research.
· Community Centric Fundraising - Learn more about community centric fundraising and how it can impact your organization with Benjamin Porter, program officer at the Greater Milwaukee Foundation. With a professional and personal life built around service and equity, Benjamin seeks transformative systems change through the creation and stewardship of a beloved community.
· Salary Negotiations - There are four essential steps to preparing for a salary and benefits negotiation. Learn with Jess May, E-Learning Program Manager, Executive Director, Inc. how to prepare for your next salary negotiation or promotion request, what free online tools are available to assist you, and how your unique skills as a fundraising professional can be leveraged in the process. Jess currently facilitates salary negotiation workshops as a member of AAUW Milwaukee to help advance pay equity in the Greater Milwaukee area.
· Communications – Merilou Gonzales, Communications Director with Bader Philanthropies, will walk you through threading communication through your fundraising efforts. In her role at Bader, Merilou manages public relations and social media efforts, as well as convening events and online presence.
· Donor Prospecting - Join Fiesha Lynn Bell, Director of Development and Major Gifts, Greater Milwaukee Foundation for prospecting tips. Fiesha is skilled in relationship management focusing on engagement and solicitation strategies, development and goal realization, building brand loyalty, and connecting leaders.
· · Job Transitions - Learn what both employers and/or applicants are looking for during job transitions with Jamie Pratt of Spano Pratt Executive Search, Milwaukee. Spano Pratt Executive Search is a leading privately held search firm providing exceptional proven results to both the non-profit and for-profit sectors.
· Board Engagement – learn how to get your board more engaged with your organization’s fundraising activities with LaShawndra Vernon, Executive Director of Artists Working in Education. LaShawndra’s work is focused on developing programs with an equity lens; she serves as a creative convener building consensus towards improving community conditions.
· CFRE - Rikki Harry, CFRE, Director of Philanthropic Programs | MCHS Foundation and AFPSEWI IDEA Chair will explain the process and tips for obtaining your CFRE- Certified Fund Raising Executive - credential.
Arrive early to select your sessions. Registration closes at NOON - Tuesday, January 17.
11:30 AM Registration, Networking, Lunch
11:55 AM Announcement/Presentation
12:00 - 12:25 PM Session One
12:30 - 12:55 PM Session Two
1:00 - 1:25 PM Session Three
1:30 PM Adjourn
$35 Member registration fee (members-only discount)
$60 non-member registration fee
Arrive Early to select your sessions.