Ethical standards and principles are the foundation for maintaining public trust, for every AFP member. To assist its members in understanding and maintaining ethical fundraising practices, AFP provides:
- A code of ethics that must be signed by every member of AFP
- A donor bill of rights to ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public
- An online survey tool that allows fundraisers to assess their individual ethical performance and strengthen ethical practice.
- A self-governed enforcement process for addressing concerns related to the code of ethics.
- Guidelines for the accountable nonprofit organization.