Our Mission and Culture
Riverwest Food Pantry is a growing Milwaukee nonprofit, a new community food center model where feeding hunger is a catalyst for the well-being of the neighborhood. Hunger brings over 13,000 shoppers and thousands of volunteers to Riverwest Food Pantry each year.
We ground our work in a culture and relationship-based approach. Our culture is that “each person has a gift to give and each person has a gift to receive.”
We achieve our mission through our food, mentoring and formation programs:
- Our shopping spaces, gardens and kitchens deliver healthy food access, habits and skills through the healing power of community!
- Our “Stride” mentoring helps volunteers build restorative relationships and equips them with the skills and knowledge of resources needed to walk with interested pantry shoppers towards greater economic and social stability.
- Our formation programs summon volunteers and year-long mission interns to build relationships of kinship, service and advocacy on behalf of our neighborhood residents.
Our Advancement Director position is responsible for the planning, implementation, management and oversight of all development and communication initiatives. This newly created position will also oversee the planning and implementation of a capital campaign to support a new facility for our community food center. The Advancement Director will report to the Executive Director, supervise an Advancement staff and work closely with a Development and Communications Committee composed of seasoned professionals, and a future Capital Campaign Cabinet.
- Oversees the philanthropy strategy for the organization.
- Orchestrates and implements highly targeted identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Spearheads the planning, implementation and management of a future capital campaign.
- Leads the communication efforts to build awareness of our mission and brand.
- Serves as a resource to the Executive Director on all fundraising and marketing matters.
- Staffs the Development and Marketing Committees of the Board and the Capital Campaign Cabinet and makes periodic reports to the board on the progress of development efforts.
- Proven ability to raise money and identify and cultivate donors.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Diversified fund development skills in annual giving, major gifts, grant writing, special events, capital campaign, prospect identification and donor cultivation.
- A minimum of 5 years fundraising experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and interact with Board and Committee Members.
- Ability to integrate Communications and Development goals, leading staff and Committees executing day to day operations toward long-term outcomes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and development software. Salesforce knowledge is a plus.
- Interested in working in an environment that supports Catholic spirituality and social justice.
- Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance, and transportation to support work activities.
And We Offer You
A competitive salary (60-80K commensurate with experience) and benefits package, a flexible work environment, an enthusiastic team of dedicated volunteers.
Go to https://www.riverwestfoodpantry.org/jobs to apply!