Wisconsin Philanthropy Network: Coordinator of Administration & Operations Position Description
WPN supports and promotes effective philanthropy through education, best practices, research, enhanced partnerships and thought-leadership. Our vision is to foster a statewide culture of philanthropy with an emphasis on equitable and inclusive practices, while creating and demonstrating exemplary value to our more than 130 members.
As Wisconsin’s only Philanthropy Serving Organization, WPN is proud to play a meaningful role in advancing our state’s culture of philanthropy. We support private foundations (family, independent, community and corporate), corporate giving programs, donor-advised funds, charitable trusts, higher education and healthcare foundations, and individual philanthropists who together represent more than $7 billion in assets, and invest more than $600 million annually to advance the lives of Wisconsin residents.
This part-time position provides essential administrative and operational support to WPN (up to 30 hours a week) and reports to the Director of Membership & Resource Development.
Administrative and Financial Support
- Manage office operations, including invoices, bills, and mailings.
- Coordinate with external vendors, including preparation of information and communication with auditors.
- Provide general administrative support, including meeting preparation and support of programs and events, such as with registration, agendas, letters, reports, etc.
- Answer phone inquiries, provide excellent costumer service.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment.
Membership & Program Support
- Support member processing, including renewals, new member, invoicing and welcome letters.
- Track and monitor membership renewals and dues processing.
- Help ensure that internal and external information on members and prospects is kept up to date in salesforce.
- Tracks agency-wide member touch points, documents member participation in events in program tracks.
- Update and monitor the website, database, list servs, and supports social media.
- Support WPN marketing materials, including the annual report and email communications to members.
- Support research requests and the production of the Wisconsin Gives Report.
- Support WPN special programs and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbent will also be required to complete a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree or applied work experience
- Preferred: 3 or more years of work experience, with progressive responsibility.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PPT
- Experience with databases preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Documented organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- High ethical standards and respect for confidentiality of information.
- Customer service mindset
- Understanding of philanthropic sector a plus.
- Exercise sound, expert independent judgment.
- Exercise sensitivity and judgment in dealing with diverse members.
- Represent the agency in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, funding source representatives, employers, representatives of community organizations, board and committee members and other staff.
- Work in an office with a small team of 3 people eager to accomplish great things.
Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and insurance required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics include working in office, meeting and event space.
Submit Letter of Interest, Resume and compensation/benefit requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WISCONSIN PHILANTHROPY NETWORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER