The John Michael Kohler Arts Center (JMKAC), a dynamic, nationally known visual and performing arts center located in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, is seeking an experienced corporate relations coordinator to join the development team.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Deputy Director, Development, the corporate relations coordinator contributes to the success of the department’s fundraising goal by providing strategic, creative and thoughtful recommendations toward a solid fundraising program that builds on a donor-centric model. The coordinator works to expand JMKAC’s reach through cultivation and stewardship of corporate donors and procurement of corporate gifts and sponsorships. A successful candidate will be able to provide leadership on strategy and new approaches, as well as collaborate with JMKAC colleagues across departments and steward key donor and volunteer relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Develop and maintain corporate appeal calendar
- Develop timing and strategies for requests for special events sponsorship and strategies for mid-level annual corporate appeal.
- In conjunction with Deputy Director, Development, make the corporate ask for low and mid-level corporate donors
- Meet with Corporate representatives, determine interest areas and customize the corporate ask as needed.
- Stewardship of low and mid-level corporate donors
- Work with other areas of JMKAC to identify and leverage opportunities for donor engagement with exhibitions, programming, and events.
- Develop and implement corporate donor retention strategy.
- With Deputy Director, Development and JMKAC Director, support the stewardship of high-level corporate donors
- Support efforts to maintain excellent donor relations with high-level corporate donors.
- Support efforts to foster donor engagement opportunities with exhibitions, programming, and events.
- Corporate donor-base expansion
- Leverage networks and contacts to identify prospective corporate donors.
- Assist with conceptualizing and staffing Gala and other special events as needed.
- Act as list and data manager for corporate donors
- Prepare any information on corporate giving needed for auditors.
- Able to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data in donor database.
Corporate Relations Coordinator may be asked to undertake other duties as necessary to support various initiatives and development efforts.
Required Skills, Abilities:
- 3 years of relevant experience with corporate fundraising, event fundraising or philanthropy.
- Independent worker with a proven track record of meeting performance and financial metrics.
- Proficiency in donor database software, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Manage multiple tasks and ability to reset priorities at any time.
- Perform duties with a critical eye for details.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with potential and current funders and community members.
- Work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education: A college degree in a relevant field or comparable work experience is highly preferred.
The Arts Center offers an energizing and unique environment, competitive pay, and a complete benefits package.
Email cover letter, resume, and professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.