Raises philanthropic support for Law School priorities and programs by developing and executing a comprehensive strategic advancement plan that engages all constituent groups, including -- alumni, friends, corporations, foundations, and associations.
- Develops and executes a fundraising business plan annually.
- Collaborates and strategizes with the Associate Dean of External Relations (who maintains a fundraising portfolio) to coordinate all development efforts.
- Works directly with the Dean of the Law School; maintains office in Law School.
- Meets regularly with the Managing Director of Development, College Advancement to assess projects, review strategies, and track progress.
- Maintains a prospect portfolio of at least 150; regularly identifies and contacts additional prospects through research and referrals.
- Meets individually with prospects and volunteers. Responsible for 15 to 20 meetings (moves) per month designed to move prospects toward making a philanthropic commitment to the Law School.
- Makes personal gift solicitations. Management of the process includes preparation of the solicitation materials, conducting strategy meetings, preparing briefing materials for President/Vice President of Advancement/Dean/others involved in solicitation.
- Maintains appropriate contact with prospects and records all contact in university database.
- Submits weekly contact reports and monthly advancement activity reports.
- Provides campaign strategic input as it pertains to the Law School.
- Maintains oversight of key stewardship activities including but not limited to refreshing the Woolsack Society honor roll annually and coordinating the Dean’s scholarship correspondence with benefactors.
- Attends University and Law School events and volunteer meetings, often during the evenings and weekends; represents the university and Law School to external constituents.
- Attends Advancement monthly meetings/tracking meetings/committee meetings.
- Travels as necessary.
- Manages an annual budget.
- Other related duties as assigned to help support the department and University Advancement’s goals.