Wisconsin Voices is looking for a Development Associate to join our team! This position reports to the Development and Communications Director and works closely with the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and proactive in producing written requests, one-pages and reports to generate funds from foundations. They will also have the ability to contribute to long-term development strategy and relationship building with funders.
- support the fundraising goals and activities within our strategic plan.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals and reports.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of development department's strategy.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Director of Development to compile annual report and other documents as needed.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Proven experience working on or leading development strategy.
- Possess essential knowledge of a grant application process and foundation functioning.
- 2+ years experience with grant writing or in development.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) through 2020 with the potential to extend. Salary starts at $44,000. Health insurance, Paid vacation, sick days, and 401K offered. Phone allowance included.
How to Apply:
Please send a customized cover letter, resume, and 2 references to email@example.com.
About Wisconsin Voices
Wisconsin Voices envisions a Wisconsin where every person has the means, motivation, and freedom to fully participate in a just democracy that provides opportunities for all people to thrive.
We unify a dynamic network of progressive nonprofits in Wisconsin around achieving shared goals to build a better democracy. We build our partners’ capacity, amplify their impact, nurture new leadership, promote racial equity, champion transparent policies, and foster civic engagement so that everyone has an equal voice.
We help create the conditions for Wisconsinites who share our values to strengthen Wisconsin’s democracy for everyone.
Wisconsin Voices plays a unique role in the progressive movement by creating the structure to empower organizations in the c3 community through:
? Capacity building
? Ongoing year round civic engagement
? Convening and connecting
? Long-term strategic planning for collective impact
Wisconsin Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.