Position/Title: Annual Giving Officer - Madison
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Annual Giving Officer is responsible for securing annual financial support for the assigned mid-level donor portfolio statewide. The position utilizes “one to many” mail, phone, and small cultivation event focused strategies, with personalized contact for targeted donors, using robust data analytics to segment the portfolio and analyze strategies for continual improvement. Responsibilities include the creation and implementation of a robust mid-level giving program including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and the qualification of mid-level donors for a major gift portfolio, as well as lapsed from mid-level back to direct response mail. This position assists with PPWI’s statewide giving society. This position requires collaboration with other staff across the agency, co-creating and modifying strategy and program, motivating and supporting peers while being responsible for statewide program outcomes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Committed to the vision and values of PPWI with demonstrated success in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with multiple constituencies including donors, volunteers, community members and staff.
- Proven relationship building, judgement and interpersonal skills.
- Experience anticipating problems and identifying solutions, prioritizing and managing multiple projects while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and enthusiasm and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment are essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience stewarding individual relationships, honoring confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as a team member, with experience working across multiple regions preferred.
- Experience with relational database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Proven analytical skills in prospect research and associating relevant data to donor profiles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced proficiency in Excel list segmentation and data sorts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required and three to five years of mid-level or annual giving fundraising.
- Successful experience in identifying cultivation and stewardship strategies with demonstrated ability to engage, inform and interact with donors via phone and email.
The position is predominantly sedentary requiring an ability to sit, bend, stand and walk. May require occasional stooping, reaching, stair-climbing and repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard. Rarely requires kneeling, pushing/pulling and repetitive motions of the feet.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking and handling. May require lifting up to 30 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone, fax, copy machine and adding machine or calculator.
The position is generally performed in an office environment and involves frequent interruptions. The noise level is generally low. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Long hours, evening and/or weekend hours may be necessary.
This position requires travel statewide, therefore a valid driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards is required. Must have reliable transportation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, manage and implement strategies and programs to develop a comprehensive mid-level donor program including robust identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- In partnership with other Annual Giving Officers, create an annual, measurable workplan and set up dashboard to track activity.
- Initiate outreach to high volume and evolving portfolio to cultivate and steward donor support, primarily by phone.
- Monitor and evaluate data-driven strategies against established metrics and benchmarks, making ongoing changes for continued improvement.
- Identify strategies to qualify mid-level donors as major donor prospects and work the appropriate major gift officer to transition them to a major gifts program.
- Identify strategies to incorporate lapsed major gifts and direct mail prospects into portfolio.
- Steward and work collaboratively with Annual Giving Officer (Milwaukee) to ensure a consistent mid-level donor experience across geographies.
- Manage a menu of cultivation activities for mid-level giving portfolio.
- Manage and grow mid-level giving society including membership renewal and acquisition, member benefits and annual membership events in 5-7 communities around the state.
- Identify and implement additional strategies to strengthen mid-level donor’s relationship with organization.
- Email program
- Small group events
- Phone and in person meetings
- Engage board members and senior staff in cultivation opportunities.
- Partner with major gifts staff as appropriate to include mid-level donors in events and activities.
- Create and implement a personalized mail solicitation strategy that is coordinated with the annual appeal cycle.
- Identify and implement strategies to re-activate lapsed mid-level donors.
- Create and implement a personalized stewardship program.
- Represent PPWI at community events, using these opportunities as cultivation and/or prospecting opportunities.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
COVER LETTER REQUIRED