Position/Title: Major Gifts Officer – Southwest Region
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The major gifts officer is responsible for identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of individual major donors and major donor prospects in the southwest region. This position will also support fundraising for Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin.
Must be committed to excellent customer service and the vision and values of PPWI.
- Track record/history of meeting aggressive fundraising goals.
- Ability to work independently while supporting the goals and initiatives of a collaborative fundraising team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor for building relationships and working effectively with donors.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with senior management, volunteers, including Board of Directors.
- Timely follow-up especially as it relates to donor interactions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Requires computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and working knowledge of relational databases.
- Ability and desire to work effectively as part of a team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus a minimum of five - seven years of relevant fund development or fundraising experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience with a capital campaign or other special fundraising campaigns highly desired.
The position is predominantly sedentary requiring an ability to sit, bend, stand and walk. May require occasional stooping, reaching, stair-climbing and repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard. Rarely requires kneeling, pushing/pulling and repetitive motions of the feet.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking and handling. May require lifting up to 30 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone, fax, copy machine and adding machine or calculator.
The position is a combination of working with donors and supporters in public or private settings and working within an office environment that involves frequent interruptions. The office noise level is generally low to quiet. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Long hours and weekend hours may be necessary. This position requires traveling statewide therefore transportation, a valid driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and develop strong and engaged relationships with current major donors and develop new relationships through cultivation and prospecting opportunities via one-on-one visits, small groups and other meaningful contacts.
- Work closely and strategically with CEO, other senior staff, board members and volunteers to engage them in key processes: major donor identification, research, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation, as appropriate. Manage all of these processes.
- Sustain and expand financial contributions from donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement a strategy for cultivation of both major donors and prospects.
- As part of the above strategy, develop and implement a year-round communications plan for ongoing face to face, phone and email contact with key donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Represent PPWI at key community events, using these opportunities as public relations, cultivation and/or prospecting opportunities.
- Manage key volunteer efforts as needed, serving as liaison, and resource/support.
- Work closely with other development staff to coordinate and integrate major gifts work with the Annual Campaign, Capital Campaign, Planned Giving and Grant seeking efforts.
- Help to plan and implement special events including the annual Share Our Vision event.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties as assigned.
COVER LETTER REQUIRED