Thanking Your pARTners in Philanthropy
Submit Partners in Philanthropy (PIP) by October 4 for the chance to win two tickets to NPD!
The AFP National Philanthropy Day Luncheon is fast approaching! Did you know that your AFP membership includes two nominations to acknowledge and celebrate your closest donors and supporters? This is a unique opportunity to recognize those that have helped your organization achieve its mission. Attend this impactful day with your pARTners by registering here.
Nominate your Partners in Philanthropy by October 4 to be entered to win two tickets to National Philanthropy Day. Click here for more details.
The final deadline for submission is October 18, but the sooner you submit your partners, the sooner you can begin to recognize and celebrate their contributions to your organization and our community!
Want to make this year’s event just a little more special for your pARTners in Philanthropy? Here are a few quick tips on the small touches that can make a huge difference:
Before the Event:
• Be sure to connect with your pARTners early to secure the date on their calendars!
• A few days prior, send out the latest event parking and directions to your guests to ensure it’s as easy as possible for them to get to the luncheon.
During the Event:
• Come early to set up and greet your pARTners as they arrive.
• Designate a prime spot at your table for each of your pARTners so they can easily see the awards and presenters.
• Have a customized thank you gift ready for them at their seat – even a thoughtful thank you chocolate with a handwritten card can make a huge impact.
After the Event:
• Send a follow up thank you with a group photo from the event.
• Promote your partnership on social media and make sure to tag your corporate groups who have their own social media pages/handles and use the hashtags #NPDWI19 and #NationalPhilanthropyDay.
Do you have unique ideas on how you engage your donors at National Philanthropy Day? We’d love to hear them!
P.S. Even if you are unable to attend our National Philanthropy Day event, this opportunity to nominate pARTners is one of the major benefits of being an AFP member. All nominated pARTners will be recognized in the program, listed in the presentation, posted on our website and acknowledged in various other ways through event media coverage.