Compassion. Advocacy. Support. Openness. Teamwork.
Full-time (40 hours/week)
Sojourner Family Peace Center (SFPC) employs dedicated, hardworking professionals who want to be of service to others and make a difference in Milwaukee and surrounding communities.
The SFPC is Wisconsin’s largest nonprofit provider of domestic violence prevention, intervention, and support services. Our mission is to Transform Lives Impacted by Domestic Violence.
The candidate we seek must be comfortable building and sustaining Sojourner's volunteer and intern programs. Must be able to build rapport with new and current volunteers.
The Volunteer Associate coordinates the recruitment, outreach, training, retention, placement and recognition of all volunteers and interns.
How will your days be spent?
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive volunteer and intern orientation and onboarding program.
- Collaborating with Sojourner staff to create volunteer and intern opportunities by developing position descriptions.
- Developing and implementing an effective volunteer and intern recognition program.
- Developing and implementing a volunteer retention strategy to include frequent personal and electronic interaction with the volunteer community.
- Coordinate Sojourner’s annual Domestic Violence Awareness Month activities.
What are we looking for?
- Caring personality with the ability to maintain positive work relationships with diverse groups of people.
- An outgoing personality is essential to "sell" the agency and our mission to people who know nothing about Sojourner.
- A self-starter, able to work independently, be organized and deadline-driven.
- Culturally sensitive to the needs/lives of families served by Sojourner and a commitment to gender equality are essential.
- Ability to organize people around an issue.
- Requires a college degree.
- Experience with volunteer coordination is required.
Total Rewards Program We Provide:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous 403B Retirement Plan with Match
- Discounted and Free Wellness Services Including Massages and Acupuncture
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits through Colonial Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
Bi-lingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. The review process will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Apply using our easy application system at http://familypeacecenter.org.
SFPC is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship status, sex, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military status.
Visit our Website at http://familypeacecenter.org