Supports cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities by creating written collateral to achieve fund raising and engagement objectives. Produces high-quality, written reports that detail the use of the donor’s contribution and share the impact of the gift on clinical, research and program initiatives as well as enhance and lead on the process. Works closely with Marketing, hospital and fund raising teams to create proposals, develop grant applications and produce consistent messaging for donor communications.
Responsible for proposal, grant, donor communications and report writing to inspire philanthropic support and demonstrate impact of giving on Children’s mission.
Reports To: Director, Engagement Programs
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
Collaborates With: CHHS Chief Development Officer, Vice President-Engagement and Stewardship, Engagement and Stewardship team, Development team leadership and gift officers, Development Systems Manager, Prospect Researcher, Marketing and Communication team, Events team, system leaders and teammates
- Exhibits guiding behaviors that reflect Children’s values and support our mission and vision.
- Writes and edits copy and provides creative support for proposals, grant applications, impact reports, and other donor communications to maintain donor interest and engagement.
- Supports foundation staff with composition of tailored and template acknowledgement letters for major gift and annual donors.
- Seeks input and works closely with service line staff, physicians, program leaders and patient families to develop compelling stories of impact.
- Researches and schedules interviews and meetings to obtain story and program information, as necessary.
- Provides superior customer service, communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with the public including coworkers, employees, patient families and donors.
- Meets with physicians, researchers and program staff as needed to gather information for use in stewardship reports for donors.
- Prioritizes workload and manage projects to meet daily demands and deadlines, as well as respond to urgent situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field.
- Five years of public relations or marketing communications experience required, with demonstrated experience in writing, editing and project management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and proofreading skills; writing and editing experience. Experience with message development, alignment and strategic communications planning.
- Must be able to collaborate with Creative Services and other designers to produce visually creative proposals and reports that are appropriately personalized for the donor.
- Ability to absorb detailed program information, distill and write in a compelling, concise manner.
- Ability to successfully interact with, build strong relationships with, and obtain information from a wide range of people including fundraising, medical, and finance staff, as well as donors and patient families. General grant writing experience required.
- Ability to work expeditiously and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven track record of prioritizing workload and managing and delivering multiple projects under deadline; ability to take initiative and work in an independent environment.
- Computer literacy with regard to standard word/data processing software.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) helpful but not required.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
At Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, we believe kids deserve the best.
Through the generous support of our friends and partners in the community, our exceptional doctors, nurses and care providers achieve the impossible every day. Our foundation provides a guidebook for giving, and ensures careful stewardship of all gifts.
Our foundation is staffed with experts who guide donors through the many ways to support the care we give to kids. We work every day to ensure their wishes are honored.
We offer a wide variety of rewarding career opportunities and are seeking individuals dedicated to helping us achieve our vision of the healthiest kids in the country. If you want to work for an organization that makes a difference for children and families, and encourages you to be at your best every day, please apply today.
Please follow this link for a closer look at what it’s like to work at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatchw/