Responsible for managing a swift, accurate and consistent acknowledgment process for all donor and memorial/tribute gifts. Individually, and in collaboration with colleagues, secures accurate donor information to demonstrate gratitude and inspire future giving. Oversees all impact reporting and donor recognition. Maintains recognition database. Develops and partners to execute individual stewardship strategies for top prospects and donors. Maintain a strong knowledge of the donor base. Donor-centricity, attention to detail and relationship building are critical to this role.
Responsible for managing acknowledgment process for all donor and memorial/tribute gifts, impact reports, recognition and individual stewardship strategies.
Reports To: Director, Engagement Programs
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
Collaborates With: Senior Leadership; Vice President Engagement and Stewardship; all gift officers on Development team; Director, Annual Giving; Sr. Communication Specialist; Engagement Program Manager; Development Systems team and Events teammates
- Exhibits guiding behaviors that reflect Children’s values and support our mission and vision.
- Manage impact reporting initiative in partnership with the Sr. Communication Specialist. Responsible for named impact reporting, circle of care impact reporting, and any additional impact reports.
- Partner with Director, Engagement Programs and gift officers on the development and execution of individual stewardship plans for the most influential and transformational benefactors in collaboration with gift officers and foundation leaders.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, evaluation and tracking of donor recognition in partnership with the Dir, Engagement Programs. Works with gift officers to provide appropriate and timely donor recognition through physical plaques, signage, events and other recognition opportunities.
- Responsible for the comprehensive gift acknowledgement process, including printing, reviewing, securing appropriate signatures and sending letters. This includes Foundation and CEO correspondence working directly with senior leadership.
- Responsible for creating and sending proper acknowledgements for tribute/memorial gifts and communicating with families regarding gift designations and recognition.
- Responsible for researching donor information on an individual basis as well as in partnership with the fundraisers to ensure the accuracy of donor information. Assists Development Systems team with audits to evaluate constituent records and the accuracy of the information within those records.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong knowledge of the Foundation’s donor base, including board and committee leadership.
- Works closely with fundraisers to create customized stewardship gifts for key donors and volunteers.
- Makes appropriate independent decisions when necessary in leader’s absence.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degree required.
- Minimum three years of experience in donor stewardship.
- Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred.
- Mail merge experience required.
- Donor-centricity, attention to detail and relationship building are essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain relationships with administration, staff, donors and volunteers.
- Demonstrates initiative in problem-solving and planning.
- Requires analytical abilities sufficient to gather and interpret donor data.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality regarding staff, donor and foundation file information.
At Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, we believe kids deserve the best.
Through the generous support of our friends and partners in the community, our exceptional doctors, nurses and care providers achieve the impossible every day. Our foundation provides a guidebook for giving, and ensures careful stewardship of all gifts.
Our foundation is staffed with experts who guide donors through the many ways to support the care we give to kids. We work every day to ensure their wishes are honored.
We offer a wide variety of rewarding career opportunities and are seeking individuals dedicated to helping us achieve our vision of the healthiest kids in the country. If you want to work for an organization that makes a difference for children and families, and encourages you to be at your best every day, please apply today.
Please follow this link for a closer look at what it’s like to work at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatchw/