Jewish Family Services
Date Posted: 8/14/18
Deadline to Apply: Accepting applications until position is filled.
Jewish Family Services (JFS), a respected nonprofit, social services organization, whose mission is to provide supportive services to strengthen families, children and individuals throughout their life cycle, is offering an opportunity for a full time Grants Manager to work under the direction the Vice President of Development and Communications in performing grant management activities in support of JFS’s annual fund, special projects, and capital campaigns. This position will be responsible for researching, planning and submitting proposals; managing grant agreements, tracking grant outcomes and performance; reporting, budget monitoring and ensuring fulfillment of grant requirements.
- Working with the VP of Development and Communications to execute all grant management activities to secure funds from government sources, corporate, private and community foundations and local businesses.
- Working with department heads to develop grant templates and compelling case statements.
- Adhering to industry best practices and code of conduct set forth by NGMA - National Grants Management Association, GPA - Grant Professional Association, AFP – Association of Fundraising Professionals, and other credentialing organizations.
- Conducting in-depth research on health and social issues to provide content for grant applications, program outcomes and logic/service delivery models.
- Conducting prospect research to identify new funding opportunities and maintaining up to date information on current funders.
- Working with department heads to develop and monitor grant budgets and working with accounting staff on tracking grant revenues and expenditures.
- Working with department heads to review and analyze program data and completing grant progress reports.
- Administering and ensuring appropriate execution of the entire grants management cycle, including submission calendar, secured awards and progress reports. Creating policies and procedures to manage and monitor grant funds and sub-contracting. Executing conversion of hard copy grants management system to a digital platform.
- Leading quarterly grants management meeting with department heads and providing updated information on grant activities on a regular basis.
- Working with development department staff to steward relationships with prospects and funders, including routine communications with funders, tours, open houses and other cultivation events.
- Providing one to one and group training to staff and sub-grantees on all aspects of the grant management process at JFS as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience writing grants with a track record of securing single grant awards in excess of $25,000, multi-year grants, and managing a grant portfolio with a dollar value of $300,000 or more on an annual basis. (Certified grants professional is preferred.)
- Experience working with board members, volunteers and program constituents.
- Experience working in the non-profit field, education, non-governmental organizations, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application and other customer relationship management systems (Donor Perfect, Raiser’s Edge) and the ability to generate and analyze reports.
- Knowledge of prospect research and grant funding search engines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, creative and independent thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills; timely documentation and deliverables, and be reliable and dependable in all manner of work-related duties.
- Competence in financial management, budget development and financial reporting.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, with accuracy, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of detail.
- Understands and maintains donor, client and agency confidentiality.
- Self-starter capable of networking and interacting with groups and individuals.
- Ability to develop, cultivate and maintain donor relationships.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check is required.
- A valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle is required.
- Knowledge, understanding and/or willingness to learn Jewish culture and traditions and the capacity to incorporate Jewish programming as necessary.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Benefits and other compensation:
Annual salary range for this position is $49,500 to $54,000. Actual rate is commensurate with experience. Jewish Family Services offers paid vacation, sick, holiday and personal time. Health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) Retirement Plan, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, Aflac benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program are also available to full time employees.
ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION MUST SUBMIT, WITH THEIR RESUME, A COVER LETTER INDICATING POSITION SOUGHT. RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS CAN BE SUBMITTED VIA:
Fax: 414-225-1340 to the attention of the Recruiter
Mail: Jewish Family Services
1300 N. Jackson St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Additional information about Jewish Family Services can be found on our website at http://www.jfsmilw.org/
We encourage and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
JFS is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.