The Director of Planned Giving will implement and help design a Will Seminar program for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. Primary duties will include making presentions in parishes around the Archdiocese.
There is no typical day. Every day brings new and different opportunities to serve.
- Management: Assist the Director of Development, in his absence, in the management of the Development Office and its staff.
- Grant Writing:
- Supervise the overall grant process for the Archdiocese and write grants in most of instances.
- Ensure that the offices receiving grants submit the proper reports to the granting organizations in a timely manner.
- Assist the director with drafting the Development Office budget and review the monthly report.
- Planned Giving:
- Establish a Will Seminar program where a minimum of four will seminars are offered in each of the 10 deaneries every year. At least half of these seminars would be conducted during the evening.
- Legacy Societies: Work with parishes in starting or maintain their Legacy Societies.
- Write/coordinate a quarterly email to planned giving prospects once a quarter.
- Work with individual donors regarding their estate plans as identified through the Will Seminars, Legacy Society, or quarterly email blasts.
What you need
- Strong interpersonal communication abilities including excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize and oversee multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Razors Edge is a plus.
- A sincere commitment to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel to parishes as needed, including some evening and weekend hours.
- Contagious enthusiasm and a “can do” approach to your work.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary/Benefits: competitive salary. Benefits available first of the month following 30 days of employment
How to Apply: send cover letter and resume to Susan Gorski, Director of Human Resources, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 9/6/2019