Working Title: Alumni Engagement Officer Position Title: Outreach Manager I
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Office of Development & Alumni Relations
Position Type: Non-Teaching Academic Staff
Department: Alumni Relations
- At least 3 years of professional experience in alumni relations, student affairs, development, member association, marketing, sales, events or other related area
- Experience with event or program coordination
- Volunteer management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in an academic or member-based association organization
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software
- Experience working with a content management system
- Demonstrated self-starter who works well independently but thrives in a team environment, with the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to represent the university in a professional manner, and work in a diverse team environment with a mix of students, alumni, colleagues and volunteers
The Alumni Engagement Officer position will manage a series of well-established existing Alumni Relations programs in addition to creating new opportunities with a strong focus on student and young alumni engagement and volunteerism.
This position will work collaboratively to identify and create student and young alumni related campus partnerships with departments such as Student Affairs, Athletics, Enrollment Management, Career Services, etc.
- Coordinates programs and events such as the Alumni Community Engagement Program and the Alumni Association Scholarship Program.
- Research best practices and create a new student volunteer leadership group, to include implementation of training and leadership programs, with the goal to develop students as ambassadors and future alumni leaders.
- Works collaboratively to help create new programs for students and young alumni, to build pride and traditions, and increase awareness of the importance of Alumni Association involvement following graduation.
- Creates pathways for alumni volunteers in programs such as Chapters, Captains and Panthers@Work to have meaningful engagement with current students.
- Assists with alumni events and programs as needed.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number. https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/29239