Tell the LUMIN story; empower future leaders
LUMIN Schools seeks a high-energy, mission-driven professional who has a passion for telling a moving story and inspiring people to get behind a great cause.
This position supports the marketing, communications and advancement goals of all LUMIN Schools. The Marketing & Advancement Manager will assist with building awareness of the LUMIN Schools brand, growing enrollment in schools, attracting talented teachers to our schools, and raising money in support of annual operations and future growth.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead social media efforts for the LUMIN Schools network accounts and monitor school pages
- Act as primary LUMIN Schools website administrator
- Develop and execute plans to engage media with schools and/or network, including writing media alerts and press releases
- Write and provide art direction for collateral, including flyers, posters and direct mail pieces
- Launch and manage LUMIN’s first external eNewsletter and act as lead author for LUMIN Schools’ printed newsletter, Illuminations
- Manage marketing lists for mass mailings/emails
- Assist with placing, monitoring and analyzing ad placements, including outdoor, radio, TV, print and digital
- Act as brand ambassador at community fairs and expos aimed at student recruitment (seasonal)
- Gather content from schools, including photos and stories, to be used for marketing and advancement purposes
- Assist with planning small events (e.g. volunteer engagement event, media event at a school)
- Write grants to request financial support of LUMIN Schools’ operations, network growth and programs
- Write reports to funders in alignment with grant agreement parameters
- Develop/execute stewardship plan for current donors to demonstrate the importance of their support
- Assist with managing Salesforce database of donor/marketing contacts.
- Plan and coordinate distribution of annual fundraising appeals, including solicitation letters, digital campaigns, direct mail, etc.
- Plan small to medium fundraising events to engage donors with LUMIN’s mission
- Support larger programmatic/capital campaign development efforts
Marketing & Advancement Manager - Experience and Requirements
- Must be mission-focused, relating all activities back to LUMIN’s mission and core values
- College degree required, preferably in marketing, communications or journalism
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft products and Google apps
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms. Experience managing social media for a business preferred
- Comfortable writing for a variety of mediums ranging from social media to letters and grants
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Have a customer service mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Most work will be performed in an office environment, with periodic projects in the schools or out in the community
- Must have valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be willing to drive to schools and other offsite locations
- LUMIN Schools is a Christian employer. All employees must identify as a Christian
e believe it is our responsibility to DRIVE EVERY CHILD’S SUCCESS.
We EMBRACE THE PROCESS of learning and champion a “whatever it takes” attitude.
We GENERATE JOY in our daily work because we believe our work is fun.
We RISE UP as leaders in our schools and community.
We LEAD LIKE JESUS because we are a community of humble Christ-followers.
We VALUE THE TEAM God has brought together and build up all of its members.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing & Advancement Manager”.