Position: Development Database Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full-Time, Annual, Exempt
Deadline to Apply: For best consideration, apply by July 19, 2019 *Applications reviewed on rolling basis thereafter
To Apply: Click here to Apply Online
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented Development Database Manager (DDM) to support the development functions of an active LORT theater. This position is responsible for all donor database oversight, information and input extraction, gift processing, and prospect and donor analysis. The DDM reports directly to the Director of Development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The DDM will serve as the primary source of all donor information within Tessitura for members of the Development Dept staff, being particularly mindful of maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all donor data, contact information, and accuracy of this data entry and extraction. Additionally, the DDM will:
- Conduct all gift processing, including gift entry and acknowledgement, and send monthly pledge payment reminders
- Produce standard and unique reports on all philanthropic activity, including gifts and pledges
- Prepare all lists for donor appeals (direct mail, telefunding, and email campaigns) and development event invitations
- Enforce and encourage date entry standards and best practices to promote optimal data integrity
- Be active in Milwaukee Arts Partners (MAP), a consortium of local arts organizations which share the same database, as well as Tessitura administrators, to maximize use of Tessitura
- Be up to date on all current and future Tessitura database functionality including periodic software upgrades, and facilitate Rep Development Staff training.
- Work with Development and Marketing Departments on Friends of The Rep annual membership renewal process
- Provide donor research including giving history, patron information, and wealth screening to define giving trends
- Assist in establishing best practices for donor acquisition, donor retention, and payment fulfillment
- Oversee The Rep’s monthly giving program, Reprise
- Significant experience with Tessitura or other relational database (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Excel. Basic knowledge of SQL a plus
- Strong data analytical skills, knowledge of query creation, and experience manipulating, merging, and mining large and complex data sets
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Respect for confidentiality of donor information
- Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented while meeting goals and short timeframes
- Ability to successfully prioritize and orchestrate multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical data in an effective manner to staff, patrons, and donors
- Familiarity with nonprofit theater organizations and general fundraising process
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required on occasion
Compensation and Benefits:Salary range is between $30,000 - $35,000, commensurate with experience. Milwaukee Repertory Theater employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for individuals, a paid time off package,
an employer provided contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan without requiring an employee match, and employer contributions to a health savings account, as well as offering a health reimbursement arrangement.
To Apply: Submit Application Materials Online
For best consideration, please submit application materials by July 19, 2019. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter.
When applying, please include a resume and cover letter. In the cover letter, please address why you are interested in working for Milwaukee Repertory Theater, why you are the best candidate to work for our organization, and what you would add to our results oriented development department.
*Full hyperlink web address (copy and paste into your browser): https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/452453?source=ccp&key=OY88DwoMZLCwYDaEKZLPRWvZnWLHcz2HOpSP3i%2fNpwQ%3d
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.