Position: Associate Director of Development, Institutional Giving
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full-Time, Annual, Exempt
Deadline to Apply: For best consideration, apply by July 19, 2019 *Applications reviewed on rolling basis thereafter
To Apply: Click here to Apply Online
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director of Development, Institutional Giving to support the annual giving campaign of The Rep by working closely with the Director of Development to execute comprehensive individual and institutional campaigns.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Institutional Giving program by writing all grant applications and sponsorship proposals to corporations, foundations, and government funding agencies in support of Rep programming.
- Manage and maintain an extensive calendar of proposal deadlines
- Generate all report requirements for corporations, foundations, and government agencies.
- Oversee fulfillment of corporate sponsorship benefits and individual stewardship materials.
- Research and develop an ongoing prospect list of potential new corporate and foundation funders
- Work with the Development Department to support UPAF’s annual campaign.
- Manage Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s annual UPAF workplace giving campaign
- Provide staff support for The Friends of The Rep.annual membership drive and fundraising events (annual Raffle and Repartee) ,
- Manage the creation of Drama Ink, The Rep’s donor newsletter, including content creation and collaboration with external printers.
- Collaborate with Development Database Manager to ensure all gifts are processed accurately.
- Participate in Development Department events and activities that require support throughout the year
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in successful development program
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills and strict adherence to deadlines, with the ability to prioritize and orchestrate multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Experience with Tessitura or a similar fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles, particularly as it relates to grantmaking best practices
- Ability to establish rapport with high level donors and trustees
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills Capacity to manage and organize confidential information and to exercise discretion and sound judgement
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required on occasion
Compensation and Benefits:Salary is commensurate with experience. Milwaukee Repertory Theater employees receive a benefits package including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for individuals, a paid time off package, an employer provided contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan without requiring an employee match, and employer contributions to a health savings account, as well as offering a health reimbursement arrangement.
To Apply: Submit Application Materials Online
For best consideration, please submit application materials by July 19,, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis thereafter.
When applying, please include a resume and cover letter. In the cover letter, please address why you are interested in working for Milwaukee Repertory Theater, why you are the best candidate to work for our organization, and what you would add to our results oriented development department.
*Full hyperlink web address (copy and paste into your browser): https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/369510?source=ccp&key=YIigXM8ogPIKyZB9t84NaoTeuRA8ccVRI6JL8K%2bF37w%3d
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.