Position: Development Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Director of Development
Through music and stories created for a culturally open-minded community, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee is a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
— Mission Statement, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
BE A PART OF THE CHANGE
We love Milwaukee. Our city isn’t perfect. What city is? But we believe in Milwaukee – as it is today, and in its potential to become even better. And that’s why Radio Milwaukee exists. To be a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
We champion Milwaukee – our music, arts and culture, neighborhoods and community organizations. We celebrate diversity and encourage community engagement. We aspire to be a force that breaks down barriers and brings people together. We pursue our mission on the air, online and in the community.
Join a team of highly motivated employees to promote and further our impact in the community in this full-time position.
Radio Milwaukee seeks an organized and enthusiastic Development Manager to grow our annual giving program. The position is full-time with the following duties:
- Responsible for the development and success of the membership program (donors of $1-$999)
- Working with Programming, Marketing, Underwriting, and Development teams, develop annual strategies to raise funds through on-air drives, direct mail, and other fundraising campaigns.
- Direct targeted fundraising appeals in order to develop higher renewal rates, increased levels of giving, and growth of the general donor community.
- Evaluate the success of the membership program throughout the year and make necessary adjustments to meet goals.
The Membership Manager works with the Development team members to plan and execute events. In an effort to spread enthusiasm for our mission, the Membership Manager assists the Director of Development with major donor cultivation and stewardship. Using data analytics build general membership program outside of three membership campaigns.
The ideal candidate has event and/or project management experience, a passion for fundraising, and 3+ years of experience in fund development. Candidate must have a strong affinity for the mission of Radio Milwaukee and a commitment to making Milwaukee a better place to live.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a nonprofit setting
- Experience working with donors
- Strong project management experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Allegiance (or comparable database) experience necessary
- Ability to represent the organization professionally and enthusiastically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar
- Experience using Email marketing tools (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact)
- Flexibility to work some evenings, early mornings and/or weekends
- Passion for the Radio Milwaukee mission
RADIO MILWAUKEE IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK!
We regularly host live musical performances in our community space. Take a break, and hear the local and touring groups perform for our members!
Station Swag – T-shirts, hoodies, hats!
Work in our creative Walker’s Point offices that include a full kitchen, green roof/deck, performance space and coffee shop!
Meet donors, members and community leaders making Milwaukee a great place to live.
BENEFITS AT RADIO MILWAUKEE
We know that working for a dynamic organization deserves rest and balance. Here are a few of our fantastic benefits: health, dental and vision insurance and paid vacation which are available after a 90 day probationary period. Additionally, a 401k plan with employer match is available during subject enrollment periods (January and July) after 1 year of employment.
Send all of the following: cover letter, references, resume, and salary history and requirement to email@example.com by 5pm, July 3, 2019. No phone calls please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.