VIP Services, Inc.
TITLE: Marketing & Director of Development
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work in collaboration with Executive Director and Board of Directors to implement a multi-faceted development plan that includes an annual appeal fund, special events, and a major donor program; generate new ideas as appropriate to continue strategic direction and assure continued fundraising success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Establish annual fundraising goals, work plans and timelines. Continually assess progress and adjust efforts as needed.
- Identify and cultivate potential sources of funding, and community partners, including corporations, foundations, community organizations, government agencies and individuals.
- Encourage and support Board involvement in fund-raising.
- Manage agency volunteer program; supervise Volunteer Coordinator.
- Supervise preparation of fundraising materials and reports.
- Acknowledge all gifts, pledges and donations and develop appropriate donor recognition programs.
- Create targeted written materials for donor cultivation, special events, grants and public awareness including community newsletter.
- Manage, and expand as needed, use of technology to include social Medias as well as the agency web-site.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and program staff prepare and submit grant and project applications as appropriate.
Minimum of five years experience in development and directing major fundraising programs and campaigns. Knowledge of major gift and grant solicitations, cause related funding and planned giving. Strong competencies in the use and management of donor database systems and analytics, preferably Donor Perfect. Demonstrated marketing and public information skills. Exceptional organizational and attention to detail skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers, committees and Boards. Outstanding written and oral communication skills essential. Ability to work with top corporate executives and professionals. Connection to the community a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Working conditions are typical of a normal office environment. Physical demands may require light lifting up to 20 lbs.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com