DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain development experience as Edgewood College grows their office of institutional advancement. The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) will participate as a team member within the office, reporting to the Director of Major & Planned Gifts. It is expected each MGO will manage a portfolio of qualified major gift prospects by building relationships from prospect identification through meaningful and timely cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Domestic travel will be necessary to support personal, face-to-face visits with prospects and benefactors. Evenings and weekends will be involved.
- Meet explicit performance objectives around personal face-to-face visits, solicitations, and outreach.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects including identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of major outright and planned gifts and travel as needed in fulfillment of these duties.
- Coordinate cultivation activities and solicitations with other Edgewood College representatives, as appropriate, including the president, senior college staff, advancement professionals, key faculty, and volunteers.
- Maintain strategic cultivation plans for a focus group of assigned prospects who are scheduled for solicitation within the coming 12-18 month period. Plans will project gift amount, area of benefactor passion to support, as well as a step by step plan for cultivation with a cultivation schedule.
- Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of cultivation and solicitation actions in the form of contact reports, stage updates, and strategy statement updates and revisions within Raisers Edge NXT.
- Participate in the prospect tracking and management process in alignment with established procedures and protocols through reporting on results, calendar plans, documentation of strategies, and participation in prospect-focused meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Major & Planned Gifts.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree required. 1-2 years of fundraising experience preferred. Experience deemed equivalent and relevant will also be considered.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A career history of commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while giving appropriate attention to detail.
- Proven ability to interact with varied constituencies in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with staff and volunteers.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Facility and proficiency with computer and development software (Raisers Edge NXT) preferred.
Demonstrates multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. In addition, the successful candidate must have a demonstrated desire to support the mission of the college by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
- Will prepare list of performance expectations for academic year.
- Ongoing performance will be measured by review and feedback. Such review will include the accuracy and timeliness of task, metrics accomplished, and project completion.
- Overall performance will be evaluated annually.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – MAGO
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer