Position: Associate Director of Development, Events & Stewardship
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Status: Full-Time, Annual, Exempt
Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is seeking an experienced, outgoing, and organized Associate Director of Development, Events & Stewardship to plan and execute institutional donor cultivation and stewardship events, including The Rep’s Annual Gala. Working closely with the Chief Development Officer, the Associate Director of Development, Events & Stewardship will execute all aspects of event logistics, timetables, and pre and post event communication with sponsors and guests and will work strategically with a variety of internal department positions to coordinate function details. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the management of large volunteer event committees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and organize all activities related to fundraising, stewardship, and cultivation events
- Strategize and plan new events and build The Rep's relationships with its institutional and individual supporters through events
- Organize and facilitate event committees
- Conduct post-event debrief, assure all donor information is updated in Development databases, conduct any follow-up required with stakeholders
- Work with the Chief Marketing Officer to create a cohesive marketing, promotion, and collateral design plan for all special events
- Act as representative for department when interfacing with vendors and guests
- Develop a three year plan for events as a strategic tool for The Rep's Development function
- Recruit and provide guidance, direction, and supervision for Special Events Intern(s)
- Attend Opening Nights and manage special event activity related to these
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in English, Communication, Non-Profit, or related field and three years of professional experience in donor relations, stewardship, event planning, or communications; OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to coordinate and plan large scale events
- Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles
- Superior interpersonal and organization skills are essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in order to respond effectively and diplomatically with donors, volunteers, and various leaders.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required on occasion
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and/or Federal laws
When applying, please include a resume and cover letter. In the cover letter, please address why you are interested in working for Milwaukee Repertory Theater, why you are the best candidate to work for our organization, and what you would add to our results oriented development department. For best consideration, application deadline is June 28, 2019. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis following June 28th until the position is filled.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.