The Donor Services Director leads the Donor Services team to support the development and fundraising efforts of the entire Development department. The Donor Services Director proactively leads and identifies opportunities to improve the processes related to data capture and management to ensure accurate content, gift processing and reporting, donor identification, research, cultivation and stewardship efforts. The Donor Services Director and the Donor Services team provide support to the Vice President of Philanthropy and Major Gift Officers for fundraising and donor engagement for successful achievement of revenue and engagement goals.
What we want to see from you:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 or more years’ experience effectively providing leadership and management of ia team supporting a fundraising and development effort, sales team in a fast-paced environment, or customer service department
- Proficiency in donor database platforms required; experience and proficiency in Raiser's Edge preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including high-level proficiency in building reports and queries including Crystal Reports, and all MS Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, MS Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with current fundraising practices and accounting principles
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner
- Comfort and effectiveness translating between Development team needs and database output to accurately translate their requests into effective queries and reports
- Skilled in making presentations and training individuals in software applications is highly desirable
- Experience with annual fund/direct mail programs preferred
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work irregular hours as needed
- Must be able to travel by car and air
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
- Vision, commitment, and experience in achieving goals and pursuing excellence is critical
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What we offer you in return:
Benefits package (for those working 30+ hours a week) that includes:
- Medical and dental options
- Vision discounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 3% match
What you'll be doing:
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for complex reporting and analysis of donations and donor database activity to identify trends, monitor results and make data driven recommendations on the strategy / approach in order to meet the needs of the business
- Oversight of all data management, donor cultivation, donor support and ensuring excellence in stewardship.
- Responsible for setting / maintaining department budgets and partnering with finance to ensure that all gift revenues are properly recorded; provides year to date and year-end gifts reconciliation.
- Responsible for vendor management / relationship ensuring contractual obligations / service levels are maintained.
- Responsible for staying abreast of industry trends, relationship building across the non-profit and IDD industry and proactively identifying opportunities for enhancements and future growth.
- Responsible for developing annual stewardship strategy in partnership with key stakeholders as well as monitoring progress / making course corrections as needed based on performance.
- In collaboration with marketing and external consultants develops the overarching strategy for external communication campaigns and engagement strategies with measurable ROI.
- Directs the maintenance and operation of the donor database, including oversight of database security, quality of processes, and proactively identifying areas to improve operational effectiveness
- Oversight of the donor research process ensuring quality / in-depth briefs are developed in advance of donor meetings.
- Leads the Donor Services team; including a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Establishes performance goals and provides reports on results
- Ensures Donor Services team is aligned and integrated to provide support for all fundraising and engagement efforts
- Leads by example through our Values / Rules of engagement and committed to fostering a culture of engagement and open communication.
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org