Milwaukee Chamber Theatre (MCT) is seeking a successful, enthusiastic, and experienced development professional to become the theatre’s Director of Development.
Job Description: The Director of Development will direct and oversee all fundraising and donor relations functions for MCT, including annual individual and institutional giving, special events, and other additional fundraising and donor relations activities as they arise. This position requires an individual who has demonstrated fundraising experience and success, strong donor relations ability, and excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal/communication skills. The Director of Development needs to manage multiple tasks independently and be able to write and speak persuasively about the organization’s mission, and build relationships on a broad basis in the greater Milwaukee community. Experience in the arts is a plus. The position reports to, and is supported by, the Managing Director, who will also support the work of the Director of Development with major donor solicitations.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and execution of an annual fundraising campaign that includes solicitations of major donors, board members, and other individuals at all giving levels, special events, play sponsorships, and institutional funders including foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Plan, design, and coordination of all fundraising appeals.
- Solicitation of corporate donations and sponsorships. Work with the Marketing Manager to establish sponsorship benefits and effectively execute with those funders.
- Serving as staff liaison to the United Performing Arts Fund, writing narrative for UPAF allocation application, coordination of MCT staff and board participation in the annual UPAF campaign.
- Serving as staff support to MCT Development and Events Committee leadership to manage their meetings and activities.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Milwaukee Chamber Theatre Friends, MCT’s volunteer support group.
- Plan and coordinate donor cultivation and appreciation events throughout the year as well as MCT’s annual “Cheers To Chamber” Gala.
- Effectively and accurately maintain all gift processing in Tessitura database system, including issuing all gift acknowledgements within 48 hours of receipt.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: 3-5 years of demonstrated success in professional fundraising position. Bachelor’s degree in a related field with previous development experience. Must demonstrate ability to multi-task, problem solve and work independently. Computer literate – Microsoft Word and Excel required; Tessitura a plus. Ideal candidate will exhibit creativity, enthusiasm, and appreciation of theatrical performance. Knowledge of the Milwaukee theatre community and arts funding strongly recommended. Some nights and weekends required. Applicant must have a reliable means of transportation and can lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience. Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance are offered.
Cover letter, resume, 3 writing samples, and salary requirements should be submitted to
Kirsten Finn, Managing Director at Kirsten@milwaukeechambertheatre.com