Position Announcement: Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
Development Database & Donor Services Manager (full-time)
Under the VP of Development & Communications, ensures the highest and broadest use of the database in support of the annual fund, major gifts, alumni relations; special events; colleagues; volunteers; and constituent groups.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the Engage database accuracy and integrity, including updates, data entry and coding.
- Generate acknowledgment letters/tax receipts (customized as necessary).
- Complete monthly reconciliation of donations with Business Office; generate quarterly pledge reminders.
- Track fundraising progress, analyze funding trends and gaps, and track direct mail results and event revenues.
- Proactively research, analyze and summarize biographical and wealth data into standardized reports and accurate lists.
- Gather and enter feedback from Prospect Evaluation meetings to facilitate solicitation assignments, segmentation and future reporting.
- Log, monitor and report on donor cultivation, stewardship & recognition.
- Provide volunteers with personalized solicitation letters, materials, information and follow up assistance.
- Provide initial/ongoing training to colleagues and database/spreadsheet assistance as needed.
- Develop parameters/formats for all print & electronic mailing lists needed.
- Provide support for/assistance with special events, especially the Scholarship Luncheon. Includes 3-4 days per year of evening/weekend hours.
- Supervise Development Department student worker(s).
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- College degree, or a combination of related experience and education.
- Minimum 3 years of database & development experience preferred.
- Effective translation between end user needs and database output; strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact in a team environment.
- Strong database, wealth screening, research and Microsoft Office experience; strong attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality/sense of stewardship in interacting with donors, alumni, volunteers, board members, faculty, staff and students.
- Excellent project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to exercise reasoned, independent judgment while adhering to standard practices and policies.
- Ability to handle special projects while addressing daily needs and meeting multiple deadlines; ability and willingness to embrace a changing environment.
Application process and deadline:
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references in one (1) pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2019.