Communication Manager (Full Time)
Sojourner Family Peace Center (SFPC), the largest nonprofit provider of domestic violence prevention and intervention services in Wisconsin, is seeking a Communication Manager who plays an essential role in Sojourner’s communications, by coordinating social media, managing writing and design of all publications, writing and organizing media opportunities, supporting fundraising activities, and directing the organization’s marketing, communication and media strategies.
If you want an opportunity to impact the lives of over 12,000 survivors of domestic violence at Sojourner every year, look no further. You’re the kind of person we need to help lead our fast-paced, energetic, and committed team.
1. Lead Sojourner’s Board Marketing Committee with the goal of advancing the agency’s marketing, communication, and media strategies.
2. Conceptualize and design projects for Sojourner as assigned including the spring, summer, and fall newsletters, monthly e-newsletters, and gratitude report.
3. Create marketing templates for the organization allowing other departments to update existing collaterals.
4. Manage project workflow from initial design through production with timelines and budgets.
5. Work with outside printers acquiring competitive bids for print.
6. Manage relationships and projects with outside, independent graphic design contractors to achieve results that meet deadlines and adhere to the Sojourner brand.
7. Serve as media contact; draft and distribute all press releases and form strong relationships with local print, radio, and television media.
8. Monitor local news to take advantage of media opportunities and position Sojourner as a resource.
9. Build relationships with media outlets to update them on Sojourner’s progress and proactively promote our work.
Written Communication/Brand Messaging
10. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all organization publications including but not limited to talking points, presentations, blog posts, speeches, etc.
11. Play an active role in stewardship activities; supporting fundraising with appeals, proposals and materials.
12. Work with survivors to assist in sharing their stories for events, media, and digital content.
13. Create and publish relevant, original, high quality content for social channels.
14. Develop and implement Sojourner’s social media strategy and serve as online spokesperson within social media channels.
15. Use social media to highlight domestic violence and the work of the agency.
16. Act as counsel and trainer to educate and inspire internal stakeholders how to effectively embrace social media.
Website and Visual Media
17. Maintains accuracy and timeliness of website through content updates and maintenance procedures and look for opportunities for enhancement.
18. Lead the creative process to develop digital content that share Sojourner’s mission and tells survivors’ stories.
Evaluate Communication Activities
19. Establish measurable goals and metrics to regularly evaluate effectiveness of marketing outreach, public relations, and event activities and makes appropriate changes and/or creates new initiatives to address challenges and reach new audiences.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Management or related field
- Requires 2+ years of experience in similar position with demonstrable results of successful campaigns or programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence and related services is preferred
The review process will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply using our online application system. Visit our Website at http://familypeacecenter.org
SFPC is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship status, sex, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military status.