Alverno College is a private liberal arts college with an internationally acclaimed ability-based program and diverse student body. Our low instructor-to-student ratio and collaborative faculty contribute to a positive learning environment. We provide students with real-life, hands-on experiences in the classroom, in study abroad opportunities and in professional internships related to their major. These experiences, among others, have resulted in Alverno College being ranked higher than any other college in Wisconsin in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the ninth consecutive year.
This is a full time non- exempt staff position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, education, and experience. Alverno College health, disability, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full time employees and eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are available for employees and qualified dependents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following information is not meant to be all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Serves as primary bookkeeper for philanthropic contributions to the College. Maintains donor records and follows Alverno’s accounting procedures. Conducts thorough research for gift officers as requested. Provides administrative support to Sr. Director of Development and Gift Officers.
- Requires 2 years of office experience, preferably in a fundraising environment. Knowledge of the gift acknowledgement process is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; requires the ability to communicate and respond to both internal and external customers professionally and in a timely manner.
- Strong computer experience— must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access, including mail merge functions and database management. Direct experience with Colleague and/or comparable fundraising software is a plus.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy; requires strong organizational competence and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work with frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to professionally respond to variations in schedules and plans. Strong analytical skills are highly desirable.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects while communicating progress & work to stake holders in the projects
- Self-directed, team player; strong problem-solving skills including the ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Requires occasional evening and weekend working hours.
- Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
How to Apply
Apply on-line at http://www.alverno.edu/jobs
Please attach a cover letter, current resume, and names and contact information for at least three professional references.
Alverno College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workplace diversity