Job Title: Development Events Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Development Director
Through music and stories created for a culturally open-minded community, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee is a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
— Mission Statement, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
BE A PART OF THE CHANGE
We love Milwaukee. Our city isn’t perfect. What city is? But we believe in Milwaukee – as it is today, and in its potential to become even better. And that’s why Radio Milwaukee exists. To be a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
We champion Milwaukee – our music, arts and culture, neighborhoods and community organizations. We celebrate diversity and encourage community engagement. We aspire to be a force that breaks down barriers and brings people together. We pursue our mission on the air, online and in the community.
Join a team of highly motivated employees to promote and further our impact in the community in this part-time position.
Position Profile: Radio Milwaukee seeks an organized and enthusiastic Development Events Manager to oversee multiple fundraising and donor cultivation/stewardship events each year. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of how to raise money through events; attention to detail; strong project/event management skills; the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; and a strong affinity for the Radio Milwaukee mission. This position is full-time and includes benefits, paid vacation, and 401K plan with employer match. Duties include but are not limited to:
Serve as staff lead for three annual fundraising events, SoundBites, Fall Ball and Vinyl Comes Alive with responsibility for achieving revenue and attendance goals for each.
FUNDRAISING EVENTS STRATEGY
- Determine additional and creative ways to generate revenue through each fundraising event including singer recruitment, singer fundraising, event structure, etc.
- Add or eliminate events based on overall development strategies and event success
- Create, manage and track event budgets to reach net income goals
- Liaise across the organization to plan and execute events, ensuring event goals are met
- Staff, recruit and manage volunteer Events Committee
- Maximize volunteer support to grow revenue through: SoundBites auction and ticket sales; Fall Ball raffle, singer recruitment and support, and ticket sales
- Work with committee to create and test additional revenue opportunities for all events
- Create timelines for event planning and execution
- Identify and schedule volunteer and temp staff needs; train event volunteers and staff
- Serve as event point person, seeing event through its culmination
- Develop and oversee promotions including on-air, e-blasts, external promotion, invitations, signage etc.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship Events
Serve as staff lead for donor cultivation and stewardship events. Events include:
- Five Sound Judgment events
- Three to five personal rooftop parties for major donors
- One Summerfest pre-party for All Access+ level donors
- Two Impact events for major donors
- One Kids Disco
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of events and/or fundraising experience is required
- Possess a passion for the Radio Milwaukee mission
- Demonstrated success in building productive and genuine relationships with donors and volunteers
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with all types of people
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Ability to represent Radio Milwaukee professionally and enthusiastically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar
- Ability to work independently and as a critical member of a team
- Fundraising database and email marketing platform experience preferred
Benefits at Radio Milwaukee
We know that working for a dynamic organization deserves rest and balance, which is why we are recognized as a 2016, and 2017 award recipient of the “Milwaukee Business Journal’s Best Places to Work”. We offer three weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal paid time off. We also offer medical/dental/vision insurance and a great matching 401K. Benefits are available after an introductory period.
To be considered please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, May 31, 2019. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.