The Wisconsin Humane Society is adding a new Philanthropic Advisor to our outstanding team! The Philanthropic Advisor will be a core member of the fundraising team at the Wisconsin Humane Society, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation with six operating locations and a budget of approximately $10 million.
The Philanthropic Advisor is responsible for implementing fund development initiatives and activities related to major giving and planned giving for the Wisconsin Humane Society, with primary focus on the Milwaukee, Ozaukee, and Racine communities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Personally cultivate strong relationships to inspire potential high-impact donors, with primary focus on the Milwaukee, Ozaukee, and Racine communities.
- Cultivate, develop appropriate strategies for, solicit, and steward an assigned portfolio of 150-200 individual donors capable of giving $1,000 or more.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward potential planned giving relationships.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward potential capital campaign prospects.
- Develop, implement, and share effective approaches to fundraising for the Wisconsin Humane Society, ensuring the profitability of revenue-generating fundraising activities according to budget and organizational philosophy and guidelines.
The Philanthropic Advisor will be a positive, professional, and team oriented individual with the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFRE desirable.
- At least five years of experience working in a non-profit development department with progressive responsibility for the management of philanthropic development programming with sales experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Emotionally capable of handling high-pressure situations in a professional manner in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills. Prior experience with MS Word and MS Excel required. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Capable of accepting and completing work assignments with minimal supervision in a highly motivated manner.
- Commitment to treat animals with respect and kindness.
To apply for this position, please complete an employment application online at www.wihumane.org/employment. Be sure to include three professional references with your application. Only applications submitted through our online application system may be considered. Please know that it is our policy to reply to each and every application received once we have a status update. We thank you in advance for your patience with us through our hiring process.