Open Position: Assistant Director of Advancement
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: When position is filled
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Nativity Jesuit Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
About Nativity Jesuit Academy:
Nativity Jesuit Academy is a K4-8 coed Catholic, Jesuit, urban school serving young men and women in Milwaukee, WI. We prepare our students, in partnership with their families, for Christian leadership and service in high school, college and life.
Through a holistic education program, Nativity Jesuit strives to form leaders who are religious, loving, seeking intellectual excellence, committed to justice and open to growth. Like Christ, who came “not to be served, but to serve” (Mark 10:45), Nativity Jesuit transforms students to become men and women for and with others.
The Assistant Director of Advancement position is a full time position and will work closely with staff to develop and execute fundraising, events, marketing and communications strategies that further advance the mission of the school. The Assistant Director of Advancement will be responsible for coordinating the school fundraising events, supporting all fundraising activities and leading the school’s marketing efforts. The position reports to the Director of Advancement. The Assistant Director of Advancement works independently and as a member of the advancement team and coordinates activities with all areas of the school.
- Effectively execute the school’s key fundraising events and social events including the annual Golf Outing and Scholarship Dinner, in addition to other annual events
- Track fundraising events and report on progress and effectiveness of events
- Manage bi-annual school print newsletter including gathering content and tracking story ideas
- Research and develop content for e-newsletter communications
- Curate high-interest content to increase activity on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Work with senior staff to develop and execute a marketing and communications plan
- Develop metrics to ensure the marketing and communication plan is effective and report on progress of marketing/communication efforts
- Work with advancement team to prospect and solicit donors
- Identify and approach potential business partners for events and general fundraising
- Assist with donor stewardship, renewal and recognition activities
- Assist with other fundraising activities as needed
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years of experience in fundraising, marketing, communications or event management
- Ability to speak Spanish would be an asset
- Strong track record as a project manager and an implementer
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in drafting, editing and proofreading documents with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Deadline-driven and goal-oriented
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Energetic, respectful, flexible, collaborative and proactive with the ability to work with others within the department and the school
- Commitment to the mission, goals and objectives of the school
- Optimistic and positive attitude
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter and references to Kyle Dlabay, Director of Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that do not include resume, cover letter and references will not be considered a complete application and will not be reviewed.