This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced fund development professional with a passion for helping children! Variety – the Children’s Charity of Wisconsin seeks a dynamic self-starter with exceptional fundraising expertise to fill a key position on the executive team, taking responsibility for annual revenue goals through cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual and corporate major gifts, grants and planned giving.
Purpose: To implement strategic fund development plan, in concert with staff and volunteers, to advance Variety’s mission to enrich the lives of children with physical or developmental special needs and their families.
- Develop, implement, and manage the organization’s annual development plan, with particular attention to major and planned giving programs.
- Cultivate and maintain donor relationships. Create opportunities for solicitation of individual gifts and corporate sponsorships, including through annual appeals, special events, planned giving, other campaigns and donor development activities, in conjunction with staff and volunteers.
- Meet performance metrics established with the Executive Director/CEO, which include but are not limited to reports on substantive contacts, requests in the pipeline, gifts closed, and prospect qualifications.
- Lead the team in identifying innovative strategies to increase fundraising, volunteer involvement in resource development, and in donor relations.
- Oversee the gift tracking system and donor appreciation efforts.
- Participate as staff liaison to appropriate board committees, such as Fund Development and Special Events, and Marketing and Public Relations Committees or subcommittees.
- Collaborate with Marketing/Events Director and Corporate Sponsorship Director to ensure ongoing and appropriate donor communications and public relations activities including media relations, publicity materials and marketing efforts.
- Represent the organization in the community at events and functions. Attend meetings of the Board of Directors, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/CEO.?
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years’ professional nonprofit fundraising experience, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successful gift solicitations, or equivalent measurable achievement in another profession.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the mission of Variety–The Children’s Charity and the issues the organization addresses.
- Ability to travel locally to meet with constituents.
- Major gift fundraising experience, preferably for a nonprofit organization. CFRE certification a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in fundamental aspects of fund development including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, and special events.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in public relations, journalism or other communications field.
- Working knowledge of Donor Pro or other comparable donor database software program.
- Successful experience working collaboratively with volunteers, employees, and donors.
Compensation range is $60K-$80K based on qualifications and experience. Generous vacation package, flexibility and a dynamic team atmosphere! Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info about Variety – the Children’s Charity of Wisconsin, visit www.varietywi.org.