Executive Director - HOPE Network for Single Mothers (Part-time)
Mission & Vision: HOPE Network offers women parenting alone in Milwaukee and the surrounding areas connections, resources, and opportunities to build self-reliance and strong families. We envision a world where single mothers have the tools they need to succeed at their most important job - parenting. Learn more about our organization at www.hopenetworkinc.org.
Position Description: HOPE Network has served greater Milwaukee since 1982 with grassroots programs to support single mothers throughout their parenting journey. We provide:
- Cribs, safe sleep education, and infant supplies for new and expecting mothers
- Regular member news and updates in collaboration with volunteer researchers
- Access to events and enrichment to connect members with each other and the community
- A volunteer-run clothing and diaper bank on Milwaukee’s south side
- Scholarships with funds available for tuition and for child care.
The Executive Director is part of a two-person team responsible for the full range of HOPE Network’s activities. The Executive Director is responsible for developing a deep knowledge and consistent messaging about the mission, programs, operations, and financial resources of HOPE Network. The Executive Director is the chief fund-raiser for HOPE Network and also facilitates programs, communications, and organizational and fiscal oversight.
Fundraising & Communications
- Develop and manage resources sufficient to ensure the financial health and integrity of the organization through grant writing, events, donor appeals, and community outreach.
- Work with the board marketing committee to develop and implement consistent brand guidelines, messaging, case for support, and collateral pieces.
- Write and coordinate distribution of all donor and member communications (e.g. appeals, thank you letters, newsletters, email, social media posts, blog posts)
- With event planner, lead event committee in planning and executing logistical details of the annual fundraiser, September 25, 2020. The executive director is required to attend this event.
- Maintain and update the website to ensure continued operability and current content.
- Ensure continuation of existing organization programs, or modify as determined in collaboration with the board of directors to align with the strategic plan
- Work with the community we serve to develop and implement new program ideas that are relevant and achievable.
- Collaborate with the office manager to recruit, train, and retain volunteers to execute programs.
- Report to the board of directors on the state of the organization in person at monthly evening board meetings; meet regularly with key stakeholders, including board president, treasurer, and office manager
- Attend committee meetings and organization and committee events that align with role as brand ambassador and chief fundraiser
- Select, with committee assistance, a new data management tool to better fit organization needs. Define and implement best practices for data management and tracking.
- Collaborate with the board finance committee to create the annual budget and to complete and file all applicable taxes, licenses, and financial reports with appropriate government entities.
- Oversee and allocate resources to ensure adequate operations and align with the annual budget.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for HOPE Network by presenting to community organizations (or delegating a volunteer) and participating as a member of relevant professional organizations
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of successful leadership and time management, ideally in non-profit organizations (must be a self-starter and motivated to take HOPE Network to the next level)
- Successful fund development track record including grant/proposal writing experience and fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully create and maintain trusting partnerships with diverse populations
- Financial literacy and experience in managing a budget
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor content to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and manage multiple priorities; must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Facility with social media and email marketing (Mail Chimp) is required. Familiarity with Google Drive, QuickBooks, WordPress, and data management is a plus.
This part-time role is expected to average 25-30 hours per week working from our Menomonee Falls office at a rate of $21/hour. Some work from home is a possibility.
Hours for this part-time role are flexible. Benefits include 9 paid holidays (at 7 hours per holiday) per year, mileage reimbursement, and 1 week (28 hours) of paid vacation.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and an overview of a successful past project to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director.” Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
HOPE Network, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religion/creed.