Position Announcement: Annual Campaign Manager
The Florentine Opera Company is Wisconsin’s oldest fully professional performing arts organization and the sixth-oldest opera company in the United States. The company presents mainstage operatic productions at the Marcus Center in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the @ the Center series at the Wayne and Kristine Lueders Florentine Opera Center in Milwaukee’s Riverwest Neighborhood. Other programs poised for growing philanthropic support include the company’s Baumgartner Studio Artist Program and a wide range of education and community engagement projects.
Milwaukee’s Grammy Award-winning Florentine Opera Company seeks a dynamic and goal-oriented individual to increase contributed income from individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, and foundation and government grants. Supporting active participation in the United Performing Arts Fund activities also falls to this team member. Other core duties include working on fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events that connect the community as investors in great opera, on stage and in the community.
The Annual Campaign Manager will successfully:
- Implement all aspects of the Company’s Annual Campaign, working to meet contributed revenue goals from individuals, corporate sponsorships, foundation and government grants, and active participation in the UPAF campaign.
- Ensure all donor reporting requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain the Company’s Grants & Reports calendar and research and identify new sources of funding.
- Maintain effective planning and tracking documents for all campaigns and projects.
- Write creative and winning grant proposals.
- Oversee processes managing contributions, acknowledgment letters, customer profile updates, call reports, and mailing lists. Attend Archtics User meetings and training sessions to promote database best practices.
- Monitor and maintain accurate donor listings and sponsorship recognition.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with donors and prospects through in-person visits, calls, and personalized correspondence.
- Manage the company’s Annual Gala and other donor cultivation/stewardship events, including guest lists and vendor and committee relations.
- Support other Development Department projects as assigned.
- Administer Development Committee meetings, attend meetings, prepare handouts and supporting materials, and take and circulate minutes in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications staff to recognize donors and develop and distribute communications pieces related to fundraising.
- Facilitate board meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills along with a knack for making a compelling case for support and the ability to write reports and proposals in a clear, concise, and easy-to-read manner. We are specifically looking for someone with strong people skills, interested in connecting with donors and working with colleagues in a quickly evolving organization. We seek colleagues with a focus on professional courtesy, collaboration, timeliness, innovation, and respect for the creative process and its participants while maintaining the highest standards of excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-5 years of prior, proven experience in fund development.
- Strong organizational and communications skills and attention to accuracy, details, and deadlines.
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate. Especially in fundraising databases/software with fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of organizational stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, board members, staff, and community leaders.
- Adherence to industry code of ethics and donor confidentiality.
- An interest and passion for serving the non-profit arts and creative sector.
- The job requires some nights and weekend commitment around events and productions.
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Compensation and Benefits:
The Florentine Opera Company is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, company supported Health Savings Account, 403(b), vacation and holidays.
Submit your resume and three professional references, along with a writing sample (fundraising letter appeal, grant application, or sponsorship proposal) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line:
Attn: Annual Campaign Manager Position.
Posted 4/11/19 -- Active until filled