Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Strategic Information and Research is critical to the success of fundraising initiatives. This position will be responsible for providing strategic direction for the Foundation's use of technology, overseeing data maintenance, ensuring completion of ad hoc and custom report requests, supervising audits for data integrity purposes, liaising with hospital IT resources. This position is also responsible for the overall management of donor research including profile development and pipeline strategies to identify new prospects.
- A bachelor's degree is required and 10 years of related experience combined with extensive knowledge of information systems/computer operations (including Windows, Excel, Access, Crystal Reports and other graphics programs) in a fundraising environment and basic knowledge of networks acquired through completion of relevant college level coursework.
- Demonstrated experience using Raiser's Edge or comparable fundraising software. Working knowledge of relational database concepts. Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of structured language query techniques to assist in building and executing queries and manipulating large datasets into actionable information.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills; ability to work well with donors, prospects, business executives.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to handle confidential information, maintain and update files with high degree of accuracy, and sensitivity to the importance of stewardship and donor relations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented; ability to set priorities and manage time effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively represent the health system and the foundation in its fundraising initiatives.
Additional Posting Description
Reports To: VP & COO
Direct Reports: Development Systems Manager; Research Coordinator
Indirect Reports:Development Systems Team
Collaborates With:Foundation leadership and teammates, key system leaders
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Exhibits guiding behaviors that reflect Children’s values and support our mission and vision.
- Provides overall leadership and sets direction for high-performing Development Systems and Research teams that fosters strong employee engagement, in particular optimism, innovation and being driven for results.
- Assists in developing and managing a budget for those areas.
- Supervises management and coordinator level staff, including prospect research, data processing, and gift processing personnel.
- Develops and implements annual plan for continuous improvement of database and technological systems and services.
- Supports the implementation and sustainability of the Entrepreneurial Operating System.
- Supports campaign readiness efforts and all phases of successfully executing a comprehensive campaign.
- Participates in task forces and/or work groups as necessary to demonstrate leadership and investment in a positive culture.
Information Management & Reporting
- Ensures continuous improvement of the Foundation’s primary CRM, Raiser’s Edge NXT, ensuring users have access and are well-trained on accessing and utilizing information necessary for their job function.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and provides oversight for the development and currency of user manuals and guidelines.
- Oversees the processing and acknowledging of gifts, pledges, pledge payments, matching gifts, memorial gifts, in honor gifts, batch processing, and other contributions in accordance with IRS standards. Collaborates with team to ensure timely gift entry and processing and proactive capture of biographical and data updates on donor and prospect records.
- Directs staff in the timeliness and accuracy of gift receipts to benefactors, as well as benchmarks and reports on gift receipt production in accordance with IRS and industry standards.
- Establishes data processing procedures. Manages access to constituent information, safeguarding the confidentiality of sensitive data. Supervises coding of database tables.
- In collaboration with the Vice President, develops, generates, and disseminates critical weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial and philanthropic reports to provide information for strategy and decision making.
- Oversees the preparation of written profiles, rating memos, event bios and qualified lists to support the cultivation of individuals including quantitative analysis to determine capacity ratings based on financial data.
Strategy & Collaboration
- Oversees the identification and evaluation of current and potential principal and major gift prospects and the assessment of their ability to financially support CHW including research and analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional and financial information.
- Partners with Foundation leaders to ensure that their data and system needs are met. Coordinates the analysis of new hardware/software and facilitates purchase and implementation plans. Ensures all systems are integrated with RE to maximize efficiency and improve the utility of the data base.
- Manages the development and implementation of research and pipeline strategies to identify new prospects and make them available for development prospect management.
At Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, we believe kids deserve the best.
Through the generous support of our friends and partners in the community, our exceptional doctors, nurses and care providers achieve the impossible every day. Our foundation provides a guidebook for giving, and ensures careful stewardship of all gifts.
Our foundation is staffed with experts who guide donors through the many ways to support the care we give to kids. We work every day to ensure their wishes are honored.
We offer a wide variety of rewarding career opportunities and are seeking individuals dedicated to helping us achieve our vision of the healthiest kids in the country. If you want to work for an organization that makes a difference for children and families, and encourages you to be at your best every day, please apply today.
Please follow this link for a closer look at what it’s like to work at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatchw/