The Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) is looking for a Director of Major & Planned Giving to join our outstanding team! The Director of Major & Planned Giving will be a core member of the fundraising team at WHS, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation with six operating locations and a budget of approximately $10 million. The Director of Major & Planned Giving is responsible for leading and implementing fund development initiatives and activities related to major giving and planned giving for WHS. This individual will supervise a team of two Philanthropic Advisors who work with donors across our Milwaukee, Racine and Ozaukee operating locations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and manage the major giving and planned giving programs for the Wisconsin Humane Society.
- Supervise a team of two Philanthropic Advisors.
- Cultivate, develop appropriate strategies for, solicit, and steward an assigned portfolio of individual donors capable of giving $1,000 or more.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward potential planned giving relationships.
- Develop, implement, and share effective approaches to fundraising for the Wisconsin Humane Society, ensuring the profitability of revenue-generating fundraising activities according to budget and organizational philosophy and guidelines.
Qualifications & Requirements
The Director of Major & Planned Giving will be a positive, professional, and team-oriented individual with the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFRE desirable.
- At least seven years of experience working in a non-profit development department with progressive responsibility for the management of philanthropic development programming with sales experience.
- Previous experience managing or leading fundraising teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Emotionally capable of handling high-pressure situations in a professional manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills. Prior experience with MS Word and MS Excel required. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Capable of accepting and completing work assignments with minimal supervision in a highly motivated manner.
- Commitment to treat animals and people with respect and kindness.
Full-time staff are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including up to 2 weeks’ Vacation, 1-week Paid Time Off (PTO), and 6 paid Holidays within their first year. Paid time-off will be prorated based on the full-time hire date and is available after 45 days of consecutive employment. On the first of the month following 60 days of consecutive employment, full-time staff are eligible for these additional benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Aflac Supplemental Benefits
- Limited wellness care veterinary services for companion animals
All staff are eligible for the following benefits package on their hire date:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 30% off discount on animal adoption fees
- 10% off merchandise discount in our Animal Antics Store
- *Limited retail (i.e. apparel, pet food, special order merchandise), service fee, event, and education program discounts
*Available on the first of the month following 60 days of consecutive employment after the hire date.
To apply for this position, please visit www.wihumane.org/employment to begin your online employment application.
Equal Opportunity Employer