The Director of Major Gift advances the mission and strategic priorities of Catholic Memorial High School by increasing the level of philanthropic commitment from donors. This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, involving, engaging and soliciting the school’s major gift prospects. The Director of Major Gifts advances the engagement and stewardship of a portfolio of current donors and identifies new opportunities for support from new donors. The Director of Major Gifts identifies and qualifies new prospects to develop a robust donor pipeline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Promote the mission of Catholic Memorial High School as a culture of faith, service, compassion, justice, and respect.
2. Responsible and accountable to the President for the creation and implementation of the major gift program.
3. Create and implement strategies to secure major gift-level financial commitments in
support of the school’s capital needs (facilities, endowment, technology, etc.).
4. Establish and manage a planned giving program.
5. Support a portfolio of individual donors of approximately 150-200 names.
6. Collaborate with members of the Advancement Team regarding gift pipeline, acknowledgement, and stewardship.
7. Update Raisers Edge with relevant information resulting from work with major gift prospects.
8. Align the major gift program’s financial goals based on the school’s strategic plan, capital project requirements/needs and the school’s major gift potential.
9. Create the major gift program case for support document that is used as the primary tool for major gift solicitations.
10. Work closely with the President, development staff and Advancement Committee in pursuit of major gifts.
11. Understand and utilize electronic screening information on major gift prospects (Wealth Engine).
12. Responsible for promoting each component of their prospects’ giving: annual, major and planned (the “comprehensive” approach).
• Bachelor's Degree or higher required. May consider experience & education in lieu of degree.
• At least 5 years of related experience with donors who have major philanthropic interests. Consideration may also be given to candidates with high-level sales experience instead of fundraising experience.
• Proven history of closing major gifts.
• Education fundraising experience preferred, but not required.
• Capital Campaign experience preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
601 East College Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186