Casa Romero Renewal Center is an urban, multicultural and bilingual Ignatian(Jesuit) spirituality center that provides a variety of programs and retreats to form leaders, strengthen families and facilitate encounters across lines of difference – all with the purpose of renewing the world.
Our Advancement Director position is responsible for the planning and implementation of all development and communication initiatives. This new position will report to and work closely with our Executive Director.
- Maintaining current grant relationships with foundations, parishes and other organizational benefactors;
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding;
- Designing and implementing appeals;
- Designing and implementing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies; (includes managing appeals, special events, recognition)
- Oversees database management;
- Designs and maintains our newsletters;
- Oversees design of print materials and website;
- Manages social media;
- Manages individual communications;
The ideal candidate will bring
- Cultural competence and Spanish proficiency.
- Diverse fund development skills in annual giving, major gifts, grant writing, special events and prospect identification.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to integrate Communications and Development goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor management software.
- Interest in working in an organization that integrates Ignatian Spirituality and social justice into its mission.
- Knowledge of and involvement in community resources/organizations, ideally in the Milwaukee area.
Position Reports to: Executive Director
We do not currently offer insurance but we can offer flexibility in hours and work arrangements. We will consider candidates with some, but not all, of the qualifications. We may also consider candidates who desire only one side of the job(communications or development) on a part-time basis.
Send a letter and resume to:
Casa Romero Renewal Center
1501 S. Layton Blvd.
Milwaukee WI 53215
Please include a writing sample, e.g., an article, an appeal letter, a case for support.