Position Title: Senior Development Specialist
Working Title: Development Director, College of Health Sciences & Helen Bader School of Social Welfare
The Development Director is a member of the professional staff of the Office for Development and Alumni Relations and reports to a Major and Planned Gifts Director. Primary responsibilities include; overall responsibility for the development programs at the College of Health Sciences (CHS) & Helen Bader School of Social Welfare (HBSSW), manage a portfolio of 150+ prospects/donors, execute qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities for the benefit of short and long-term philanthropic goals of CHS & HBSSW as well as those of the University, build academic partnerships to strengthen fundraising opportunities, and collaborate with other development staff to implement annual fundraising strategies.
- Develop and execute an annual plan specific to CHS & HBSSW and its alumni/donor base.
- Develop and strategically manage a portfolio of prospects/donors along the donor continuum to increase support for the university.
- Acquire a level of expertise about CHS & HBSSW and university departments and programs as needed. Develop strong working relationships with deans and associate deans through regular meetings.
- Engage deans, faculty and staff to share, discover and develop philanthropic strategies for existing and prospective donors.
- Provide advice, assistance and support to faculty and staff seeking external support. Use donor data base systems to document contacts, connections with alumni/donors.
- Meet performance metrics established by the department which include but are not limited to reports on substantive contacts, requests in pipeline, closed gifts, and qualification calls.
- Prepare letters, memoranda, case statements, inquiries, and proposals supporting the university’s private philanthropic major gift efforts.
- Coordinate stewardship and acknowledgement process utilizing department and UWM Foundation procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinate communications with the Department of Financial Aid and CHS & HBSSW to promote scholarship availability and meet donor criteria expectations.
- Lead and contribute to a team building, constructive, and collaborative atmosphere within the department to achieve the best possible financial results.
- Represent the university at alumni/development functions as appropriate. Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five-years of experience in professional fundraising or related field
- Demonstrated track record of successful major gift solicitation, or related achievement
- Broad-based and progressive fundraising experience in annual giving, proposal preparation, individual, corporate and foundation, major and planned gifts solicitation
- Strong written communication skills
- Evidence of success working effectively with diverse constituencies and in a team environment
- Academic fundraising experience
- Experience working with donor database or contact management systems
- Fundraising campaign experience
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive
- Master’s degree
To Apply: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/28603