The Director of Planned Giving reports to the Development Director.
- Management: Assist the Director of Development, in his absence, in the management of the Development Office and its staff.
- Grant Writing: supervise the overall grant process for the Archdiocese and write grants in most of instances.
- Ensure that the offices receiving grants submit the proper reports to the granting organizations in a timely manner.
- Budgeting: assist the director with drafting the Development Office budget and review the monthly report.
- Planned Giving:
- Establish a Will Seminar program where a minimum of four will seminars are offered in each of the 10 deaneries every year. At least half of these seminars would be conducted during the evening.
- Legacy Societies: Work with parishes in starting or maintain their Legacy Societies.
- Write/coordinate a quarterly email to planned giving prospects once a quarter.
- Work with individual donors regarding their estate plans as identified through the Will Seminars, Legacy Society, or quarterly email blasts.
Requires a college degree or equivalent and 5 years progressively responsible experience in fundraising. Experience with planned giving programs and grant/proposal writing. General working knowledge regarding basic components of a comprehensive fundraising program, including annual and capital campaigns, planned giving, special events, marketing, prospect identification and donor cultivation. Proficiency in Word and Excel required. Familiarity with fundraising software preferred. Knowledge of the structure of the Catholic Church is required. Practicing Catholic preferred.
To apply send cover letter and resume to Susan Gorski, Director of Human Resources, via firstname.lastname@example.org