Who we are
The Salvation Army's Wisconsin and Upper Michigan Division is located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. It is home to 26 Worship and Community Centers (Corps), 67 service extension units, a camp, as well as multiple homeless shelters, thrift stores and food pantries. Service extension units are branches of The Salvation Army in communities where Corps are not located but service is provided by committees of volunteers.
The Wisconsin and Upper Michigan Division, which we refer to as the WUM Division, has over 700 employees who are passionate about supporting the mission of The Salvation Army, which is to “preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.” We work hard to make that happen each day, no matter what role we serve. And those roles are many: pastors, social workers, accountants, day care teachers, fund raising professionals, shelter workers, human resources, IT, fitness trainers, lifeguards, store clerks, and a host of other areas of service.
Why work for us?
- 2018 Best & Brightest Workplace award winner in Milwaukee
- Fun company events including: monthly birthday parties, service time celebrations, annual HR-sponsored breakfast, annual chili cook-off, Packer parties, and more…
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, sick time, personal time, and 10 paid holidays)
- Flexible schedules and a casual dress environment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 support, resources, and referrals to help you in your work and personal life
- Insurance benefits: excellent health, and dental, life, disability
- Discounts available for Pet Insurance, auto and home insurance
About the role
We are looking for a go-getter to help us pinpoint, promote and partner with individual donors, corporations and foundations to aid in the growth of our mission and continued success in the future. An important part of the Development team, the Capital Campaign Manager (CCM), will develop and execute a strategic plan to diversify, strengthen and increase capital funding base including developing new sources of funding for capital campaigns. As a consultant to the Divisional Corps the CCM will aid in the interview and selection process of outside feasibility study and capital campaign firms. It is key that the CCM drives the campaigns forward and keeps everything on track by holding all parties accountable. While doing so, providing high touch relationship with key prospects and donors through fundraising and recognition events as appropriate. It is essential to have a thorough understanding of the business of capital campaigns specifically how to increase funding for projects such as new construction and building renovations. We currently have eight identified capital campaigns that include expansions, renovations, and building of new facilities throughout Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.
What we are looking for in you
- A strong relationship builder.
- A great communicator, with strong sales skills
- A doer. Makes no excuses and works well under pressure.
- An innovative thinker, who can bring fresh ideas and perspectives.
- A team player who is motivated by the Mission of The Salvation Army.
- Experience with The Salvation Army capital fundraising projects is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or another related field.
- Five years successful experience in managing capital campaign and fundraising programs, including supervisory experience. Of course, we value experience, and will gladly consider you if your education and experience vary from this, yet provide you with the necessary skills to be successful in this role.
We are and equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, ago or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.