Located in the greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, the award-winning Mequon Nature Preserve seeks a full-time Development Director to cultivate and grow an extensive list of donors to support its mission of environmental restoration and education. The Development Director is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of fund development, focusing on major gifts, an annual appeal and philanthropic giving. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director, who manages a staff of eight employees.
The Mequon Nature Preserve (MNP), established in 2001, is located in and owned by the City of Mequon. It is independently managed by the non-profit Mequon Nature Preserve, Inc. under the direction of a volunteer board of directors.
MNP consists of 444 acres and has over five miles of trails, an observation tower, and an education center. MNP provides hands-on science classes to school children and is restoring the beech maple forest and wooded wetlands that existed on the property in the early 1800’s. All programs and activities are funded by charitable contributions.
MNP seeks an energetic, ethical and experienced Director with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will:
- Possess clear and concise verbal and written communication skills;
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment;
- Have a record of approachability and relationship building; and
- Have a passion for non-profit work.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or closely related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that brings the knowledge, abilities, and skills to contemporary fundraising;
- At least two years of fundraising experience, preferably for a non-profit agency or foundation;
- Fluency in maintaining a donor database; and
- Demonstrable experience managing donor relationships that support an annual appeal and endowment in excess of $1 million.
The starting salary is $60,000 – $65,000 +/- DOQ, plus excellent benefits. Candidates should apply by March 8th, 2019 with cover letter, resume, and contact information for five professional references. Apply via email to Kristin Gies at email@example.com MNP, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.