Love One Another Campaign
Title: Parish Campaign Coordinator
Department: Development and Stewardship Department
Reports to: Director of Development, dotted line to Campaign Executive Director
Direct Subordinates: none
Hours: Full-time, Exempt
The Parish Campaign Director is a member of the Development and Stewardship team and is responsible for supporting the parish in order to make the campaign a success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Campaign Planning and Early Campaign Activity:
- Format the parish roster to develop phase segmentation for the campaign;
- Develop a case for support with parish leadership and facilitate the design and production of campaign brochure and publicity materials;
- Incorporate local parish dynamics into the established campaign plan fundamentals for an effective campaign plan for the parish;
- Customize campaign materials for use in solicitations, volunteer recruitment and training, and pledge redemption;
- Develop a timeline of campaign solicitation and communication activities;
- Assist the pastor with recruiting a core group of lay leaders for each phase of the campaign; and
- Prepare the pastor and core leaders to solicit key members of the parish community.
Duties during the Active Solicitation Portion of the Campaign:
- Guide parish leadership and volunteers in following the campaign plan;
- Meet weekly with pastor and campaign leadership;
- Provide direction in recruiting and training various volunteer committees;
- Provide personal visitation training to all volunteers;
- Coordinate the assignment of all families within the different phases of the program;
- Prepare and direct all campaign orientation, training and report meetings;
- Prepare all publicity for the campaign, including newsletters, announcements and training manuals and talking points;
- Provide consultation for the review of continuation and redemption phase of activity, specifically:
- Establish a post-campaign committee
- Provide specific written procedures for campaign follow-up and appropriate communications with donors;
- Provide a review/report on campaign progress on a weekly basis during the campaign.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution of higher education in marketing, communications or related field of study.
Experience Required: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the corporate or non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills: written, oral and listening.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including ability to manage complex responsibilities.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills and creativity in problem solving
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of clergy, staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors
- Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office with an advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and multiple types of databases such as Raiser’s Edge and ParishSOFT.
- Strong skills in using social media outlets (Facebook, etc.), and the ability to maintain and update website content
- Philanthropic values and a commitment to service
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence
- Professional demeanor
Certifications Required: Valid driver’s license
Certifications Preferred: CMP Certified Meeting Professional
- An empathy with the ethos of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to work effectively with clergy, religious, lay staff, lay leaders and volunteers.
- Affinity with the overall mission of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- Must demonstrate understanding, respect and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission and values.
- Ability to travel throughout the ten-county geographic area of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- Ability to direct evening meetings and periodically direct activities at parishes on select weekends.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Susan Gorski, Director of HR, via email@example.com